PDA

View Full Version : Hit head in car now I'm worried...

anxious_thoughts
18-07-14, 22:57
Hello everyone. I hope you're doing all well, I haven't posted in almost two months. I'm very proud of myself!

Just a small concern. About 30 minutes ago I got into my car and banged the right side of my head. It hurt for like a second but the pain went away quick. I'm having no other symptoms but I'm always scared about anything head related. I do have a but if pain at the top of my head but that's quite usual to me. Do you think there's anything that could be wrong? And how long after would concussion symptoms appear?

Thank you in advance. :)

Ruby13
18-07-14, 23:02
I am sure all will be well. If you have any frozen peas in your freezer, wrap them in a tea towel and place on your head for no longer than 15 minutes. That will help with any swelling or bruising. Take it easy and try to relax.

jacobean
19-07-14, 01:35
Hi jenn. i am sure you will be okay from what you have described. I would do as Ruby suggests and apply something cool to your head. Maybe take a couple of paracetamol if you are okay with them.

I have had concussion. I was knocked down by a motorbike and lost consciousness immediately. When I came around my pain was pretty severe not mild as you say yours was after the bump (I broke my cheekbone and damaged nerves in my face.) I couldn't remember who I was or where I was for a few hours. But the concussion soon passed and I am here now and fine! And most concussion is considered a mild injury. And needs no medical treatment. In fact the docs weren't really worried about it at all - and a friend had even given me a brandy when I first couldn't remember where I was as she thought I was in shock and alcohol with a concussion isn;t good and even that didn't worry the docs. They told me to go home and rest. None of this 'don't go to sleep' dramatic stuff you see on TV. They said I could sleep and I did and the next day my memory started coming back. they were a lot more bothered about my broken cheekbone than my head issues lol.

And bear in mind that mine occured from a serious head injury where I was thrown bodily into the air by a motorbike and landed on my head! Yet it was still mild and hasn't had any effect on me going forwards. I think our heads are remarkably tough :)