PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Crazy plant lady
19-07-14, 17:59
Hi, I've just joined in a complete fit of desperation.

I've been struggling with generalized and social anxiety as well as depression and OCD for 14 years. Exactly half of my life which is a scary thought!

I've gone from house bound and friendless to living a pretty decent life over the years. I have never been 'normal' and but my anxiety became more manageable and I now have some amazing friends, I'm holding down a job and have an all consuming hobby I adore. However out of nowhere anxiety has hit me again and I'm back to struggling.

I don't really have anyone I can talk to about it that truly understands and doesn't say things like 'what have you got to be anxious about?!' so thought I'd join here to be around other people who might be going through the same things.

Thanks for reading that dribble. Feel a bit better now just for saying 'I'm anxious!'

Oosh
19-07-14, 20:47
Welcome to the site :]

Sounds like you've done really well. Relapses are just a sign progress was made. You'll be back in the groove in no time.

koala
19-07-14, 21:29
:welcome:

You will get lots of help and support on this site from like minded people who know exactly what your going through. Relapses can be frustrating, i've had several myself, but you can recover from them. Sound like you have made great progress so there's no reason why you can't get over this blip.

Crazy plant lady
19-07-14, 21:51
Thank you so much for your welcomes :)

I've been reading through the site and everyone seems lovely.

Oh it's so frustrating! It's not the first relapse I've had but I guess it's hitting me quite hard this time. I kind of thought I might have been 'over' the worst of my anxiety (not that you can ever really be) and to have it drag me down again is quite disheartening.

I'm looking forward to getting stuck in and getting to know people. I have always found talking about it with others to be such a great help. Hope I can be of some help too! :)