PDA

View Full Version : Had Colonoscopy in March but New Symptoms Now

wabbit1
19-07-14, 23:15
OK, I had a colonoscopy in March after the found polyps during a sigmoidoscopy. They found more polyps and removed them - nothing more after a couple of days of feeling really sore I was back to normal.

However, over the past 4 weeks I have been having really watery stools. I wasn't really that bothered because I put it down to increasing the dose of sertraline but then this morning I noticed that there appeared to be some redness in them, as if there is some blood. I've now started assuming it's blood after wondering if there was anything in my diet that could have caused it but I don't really eat any red food.

I have no other symptoms, no pain etc. It doesn't seem to be affected by what I eat. The time span suggests it is unrelated to the colonoscopy as it started 3 months later. I'm not overly concerned about it as I have no other pains and if there was anything wrong they would have found it during the colonoscopy. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar.

I'm going to give it another couple of weeks and if there is still a problem I'm going to go to see my docs. I have had IBS flare ups in the past but this feels different.

nomorepanic
19-07-14, 23:42
I live with watery and loose stools every day and go to the loo about 7 times a day.

I have Crohn's which is in remission so just have Colitis now.

They have told me it is IBS and we are trying some new things.

I did a low fibre diet for 2 months and it made no difference and now they want me to try laxatives - yes I know it sounds mad but they do have a reason for this.

Maybe you need to see a dietitian and sort out a diet plan to see what helps