PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new

Cazza50
18-12-06, 14:01
Just thought I would say hello as I am new to this site.

I suffered from major health anxiety for about a year up until 10 or so months ago. It started when I developed a number of health problems, but although nothing life threatening, I still worried constantly about it. Before then I just had general anxiety issues for about 4 years after being burgled and then suffering bad nightmares.

For ten months I have been fine, but last week it all came back. I feel constatly dizzy, like I am not quite all there, or walking on air, its hard to describe, its really getting me down. I think I know deep down that its all in my head but when these feelings came back, I wasn't depressed or stressed at all, they just seemed to come out of nowhere!

The doctor has suggested I try citrolopram again for a month, hopefully that will sort me out!

kelly246
18-12-06, 14:07
hey sorry to hear your anxiety has come back after so long i totally know how you feel as i suffer from health anxiety to it started to stop me doing things as im constantly worrying if you ever need to chat feel free to contact me xx

yorkylover
18-12-06, 14:15
Hi Cazza welcome to no panic.you will get lots of support here.;)

Ellen XX

manmoor
18-12-06, 14:35
Hi Cazza,

A big warm welcome to you. Everyone here is lovely.

Take Care

Mandyxx

LickeyEndBlues
18-12-06, 15:26
Hi Cazza,
Welcome to NMP, you will find loads in here that will help you.

Like you I suffer GAD and am on Citalopram. It took about 4/5 weks to get into my system but it has helped enormously.

Take care

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

nomorepanic
18-12-06, 16:47
Hi Cazza

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

You will meet some lovely kind people on here.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

clickaway
18-12-06, 18:00
Just wanted to say "Hi!" Cazza,

You will get a lot of support here.

Take Care

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

vivtwins
18-12-06, 19:41
Hi I only joined the forum yesterday and I feel better already just knowing I'm not alone.

Like you I had been fine until I slipped a disc in my neck and couldn't get around so much.

Take care and hope you will find lots of support here.

Viv xxx

trac67
18-12-06, 20:51
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

matilda
18-12-06, 21:16
Hiya and welcome.

feels_like_home
18-12-06, 22:39
Hi,
I know what it feels like to be doing well and then bang it is back. I also experience the not quite all there sensation. It is horrible.
Take care,
Michelle

sandlin
19-12-06, 12:04
Welcome to no more panic - its great

Linda xx

Granny Primark
19-12-06, 13:43
Hi cazza,

Welcome to nmp.
The feelings your getting like your not all there are called depersonalization. They are due to stress and anxiety. There is lots of information on this site about this and many other symptoms.
Im sure you will get loads of information, help and support from nmp.

Take care
LYNN xx

rmlamatt
19-12-06, 16:00
Cazza50...... welcome. This is a great place to meet people who have the same symptoms and have healed. Lots of wisdom on these boards. I'm new also and have found the folks here are very giving and helpful telling their own stories. You may see something that will strike you of interest.

Rose

Don't walk in front of me I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend

keepemlaughing
19-12-06, 16:08
Has anyone every suggested that you might be suffering from PTSD? The burglary had to be very tramatic. Just a thought.
Welcome. You will meet the most amazing and caring people here.:D

Sheryl

Always expect a train.

jill
20-12-06, 12:52
Hi Gazza

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Fear is the darkroom
where negatives are developed.....