PDA

View Full Version : Head and Neck tension

Peter
11-08-04, 10:47
Hi Guys
I picked up a good tip for head and neck tension that has worked well
for me. Simply wrap a towel / scraf around your neck before you go to bed at night. Apparently the heat helps loosen the neck muscles as you sleep.

P

Jules31
11-08-04, 12:08
Peter

I will definitely give that a try, as my neck and back are really hurring at the moment. Though might wait until the weather cools down a bit.

Jules

jo-jo
12-08-04, 21:11
Nice one Peter

Once it cools down a bit on a night I'll be giving that one a try.

Love Jo xx

Marc
25-09-04, 19:20
Not tried it while sleeping, but I often wear one for driving. May look silly to other people when the weather's not cold, but if it helps why not :)

sal
26-09-04, 00:56
Hi Marc

Hope it works for you. Can see how when we feel tense keeping our necks warm is a good idea. Other ideas would be to have a massage to release the tension.

Love Sal xxxxx

Sarah-Jane
20-10-04, 01:50
when i look back to just before i started having my panic attacks i suffered big time with tense shoulders, headaches and hot and cold flushes and back pain im sure it was my body telling me to slow down etc etc, I found that cool & soothe strips on the head and back of the neck really helped to relax me as well as either using deep heat spray or deep freeze spray relieved the pain of the tension as well as getting your other half to give you massages to try and loosen the muscles up. it helps me especially when i am so tense i cant even sleep. Hope this helps others xxxxxxxx

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

jill
22-10-04, 09:22
Thanks Peter,

Your reminded me that along time ago I bought a
scarf with special gel in it, you pop it into the micro
for 2 mins and it stays hot for 1 hour. This has been
part of my med box for years, not only for myself
but for my kids as well when they have colds or the
flu.:D

LOVE JILLXX