PDA

View Full Version : Back to square one with cervical cancer

Fj2014
20-07-14, 14:57
Hello!!

I've just popped back on here for some support really - I was doing so so well, almost back to myself, calm, relaxed and happy but this last week my HA seems to be back with a vengeance.

I have had a few scans, appointments and blood tests - all of which I get the results for tomorrow so I hope that they all come back clear BUT I had sex for the first time in ages (due to HA) with my partner last week and noticed a bit of blood when I wiped after so my mind is now well and truly focused on Cervical Cancer - argh - even though I think it was just a little tear.

I don't know whether to mention it to my doc tomorrow as I think she or he (whichever one it it) will just roll their eyes at me - especially if my test results are all clear!!

I don't know what to do!! I'm only 24 so haven't had a smear yet.
xx

AnxietyDJ
20-07-14, 15:19
Some blood could have been there for a million different reasons, but the most likely is just a minor tear or abrasion as you said - especially if you hadn't had sex in quite a while. Fingers crossed all the tests come back clear - by the sounds of it, i'm sure they will do :) Let us know how you get on... Remember, we're always here to chat and listen, whenever you need us.

Fj2014
20-07-14, 15:28
Thanks hun, I'm sure that's what it is and it's probs happened before and I've not batted and eyelid - I just can't wait to find out the outcome of my tests tomorrow and enjoy a week off!!

So sick of worrying over every single thing!!

AnxietyDJ
20-07-14, 15:37
So sick of worrying over every single thing!!

I hear ya! We can do this :D

Fj2014
20-07-14, 15:41
We can indeed!!!
My bro suffered really badly a few years ago and his main tip is to focus on other things ... plan!! :yesyes:

Cusper
20-07-14, 23:50
Go and get your smear done if you can just to set your mind at ease. I was terrified that I had cervical cancer just a couple of weeks ago. I found out 6 years ago that I hpv (I was then 32) I got a pap and then a few years later just after having my child my OBGYN called to tell me that I pap was abnormal but for whatever reason I couldn't get anyone to look after my son.. fast forward to a few months ago I found out I had another ABNORMAL pap!!! I went crazy with worry because I let it go so far. I stopped eating and had crazy pains etc... I went for my colposcopy and they found NOTHING!!
Apparently it take years and years (10-20) for these cell to develop. Just go and set your mind at ease. I am so much better once I got the all clear. I am 38 years old and I am fine. It's the worrying and not knowing. Seriously everything is treatable and you are so young. You will be fine.xoxoxxo