PDA

View Full Version : Small white blister, or skin cancer? pleas help!!!

simpergirl
20-07-14, 23:31
Hi,
so I am freaking out about this lump/spot on my leg, yesterday i got a bad sunburn on my leg and i noticed it come up? I haven't noticed it before,my mum says its a blister, but can you get just one blister? I thought they came up in little tiny dots, its not itchy or bleeding or anything, im going to make a doctors apt tomorrow early so i will be able to go on that day, but i was wondering what is normal and whats not with blisters, can you get just one on a big-ish area?
please help im 16 and my HA is going to keep me up all night with this!!!
thank you for reading!

nomorepanic
20-07-14, 23:34
You normally just get one blister and not loads of them.

It won't be skin cancer but getting sunburn is not a good idea. Did you not have any sunscreen on?

simpergirl
21-07-14, 00:11
oh phew that's good news, and no the thing is i was on a beach and it was really breezy i hardly felt the sun at all, it was pretty bad luck getting burnt but i diddnt feel like i would need sunscreen, im normally against getting any sort of tan through the sun, but since my doctor said i need more vitamin d, I've been trying to stay in it, its a bit of a nightmare lol, thank you for replying!

AnxietyDJ
21-07-14, 00:17
Definitely doesn't sound like any kind of skin cancer to me, so I think you can sleep easy :) Get the doctor to check it out though if you are really worried - obviously we're not medical professionals.

Take care of yourself.. Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight.

simpergirl
21-07-14, 00:45
thanks, its not a perfect round spot, its like a c shape, its just putting me on edge, i don't know what a normal sunburn blister looks like, can you get weird shape ones?

wabbit1
21-07-14, 00:54
Blisters can take any shape, I've had blisters from sun burn before. In scotland would you believe. Make sure you wear sun screen/find shade in the future.

simpergirl
21-07-14, 01:02
thank you all for your replies, im feeling more calm about it now, and this will make me be much more careful in the sun from now on... haha

swanick15
21-07-14, 02:01
Its common for skin to blister from sunburns it no different from setting your arm on fire. Don't pop the blister and put a dry bandage over it to protect it.