PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody get benefits? Help

MidnightCalm
21-07-14, 11:08
I have recently had a run in with the benefits office over a savings account I have no idea about and they've sent me a statement to sign, but on the letter it says "I have no circumstance changes to report" and I have to sign it.
But I get my money for being agoraphobic and not being able to go out but I have been reading help from people on here and various websites and tryin exposure therapy (going in car journeys for short periods up the road or going to a local shop in a car and when I'm drunk I can manage to go a bit further but then I have a week of not being able to go out and this fluctuates, Where I might be able to go out today to a shop 15 minutes away I may not then be able to to do that again for the next 2 weeks)
Is this a change of circumstances because I am trying my own personal cbt or is this not?? Do I report that? I am confused. I am still agrophobic as I can only stick to certain places when I feel comfortable at certain times and rarely can I do things.

I get ESA

Rennie1989
21-07-14, 11:15
I think a change in circumstance would be something like living at a new address, a new or improving diagnosis. If in doubt give them a call, or ask in the Benefits forum.

Can I just ask, are you drink driving? That's the impression I got from your post.

MidnightCalm
21-07-14, 11:16
No I can't drive, my friends drive me haha. And I will only go with certain friends.

Rennie1989
21-07-14, 11:28
Ah, phew!

I will say though that alcohol is not the answer for combating or lessening anxiety. It is a natural depressant and, as you have reported, it can make you feel worse. I would recommend herbal relief rather than alcohol!

nomorepanic
21-07-14, 11:34
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

MidnightCalm
21-07-14, 11:39
Oh, thank you, I didn't see this particular forum.

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

I agree alcohol isn't the answer, although it has helped me to do a lot in times when I REALLY needed to do things.
I am going to try and get better without out it it's just very hard now it's become a crutch to help me live a sometimes slightly normal life.

flossie
21-07-14, 14:39
Being able to go somewhere one day or maybe every day for a week and then not being able to get that far or even out the door at all is all part of the agoraphobia and anxiety condition. So in this respect your circumstance has not changed.