PDA

View Full Version : Twitching in abdomen

countrygirl
21-07-14, 13:41
My Dr persuaded me to try a new drug for my acid reflux - omeprazole_ instead of the one I have taken for over 25 yrs famotidine. The famotidine does not control the reflux very well.

I first tried lansoprazole but felt violently sick so stopped after a day then tried omeprazole for past 6 days.

It worked wonders on the acid reflux but straight away I was getting severe hunger pains every 3 hrs and was having to eat so often I put on weight even in the first 3 days.

Then I noticed a fluttery kicking feeling in the left side of my abdomen starting in the evening and I seemed to have more wind than normal. By day 6 I had a constant kicking sensation in left adbomen that can be felt with hand, just like a baby kicking!!!! I am not pregant as post menopausal etc. I also had much looser poo and going more often.

I guessed that the omeprazole must be really annoying my gastro tract so stopped taking then yesterday and gone back to my old drug but the madly kicking baby is constant.

I know that it is either coming from my bowel that is being hyper or its the muscle twitching that I get alot of just in my abdomen.

I have a Dr appt on thursday but am of course worrying that this will never stop.

anyone on here get this?

Carnation
21-07-14, 21:15
Yes, I've had this. Had it for about 2 months. Muscle twitching, constant gurgling, burping, bloated feeling as well as emptiness. Sharp pains and a paniocky hunger feeling almost like a desperate feeling of 'Got to eat now!'.
I was not taking Meds, but did the following.
Drank Green Tea, during the day and Chamomile Tea at night. Picked on Almonds during the day; (very good for Anxiety). Bananas gave me energy and I had Porridge for breakfast which seemed to calm the stomach down a lot.
I had regular meals and did not go longer than 4 hours before eating something, no matter how small. Yoga helped too. If you go on the Internet or get a book, there are exercises for 'Toxins' and Breathing. Got plenty of rest and relaxation. Spent an hour a day, just lying on the bed listening to soothing music. A short, but pleasurable walk also helps. Hope some of this helps you.:)

countrygirl
22-07-14, 08:50
thanks for reply. The twitching stopped yesterday so hopefully it was just a reaction to the new drug that I have now stopped. I have had little bouts of twitching in the past but as i am a huge twitcher of the rest of my body and it was only short lived it did not bother me but this was mega twitch and together with bowel changes was probably from my intestine.

anxiousems
23-07-14, 09:11
i have also had everything you described! almost exact, including the meds, i came to the conclusion the baby kicks were either gas, or the excess adrenaline from anxiety causing twitches, this is all my googling could find lol :) the tummy problems slowly resolved themselves, but still have the soft stools :( hoping its some kind of ibs caused by anxiety

luc
23-07-14, 17:57
Hi Countrygirl,

Just checked your posts to see if you were the same Countrygirl that was around all them years ago like myself. How are you with your HA? I have used NMP over the years for reassurance usually but of late it has helped me a lot. I am now feeling so much better and now try to offer my support and my two Peneth.

Take care , Lucia x.