PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about working again

Shammy
21-07-14, 14:15
I have been off work now for three weeks. I am scared I will never be able to return.

I am fine inside m house but going outside makes me panic and empty my bowels within seconds due to anxiety.

The heat is also making me anxious and at work the never have the air con on.

I keep getting messages and calls from work saying I sound fine and when will I return.

help!

AnxietyDJ
21-07-14, 15:03
Hi Shammy, sorry to hear that you're suffering at the moment - I know exactly what you are going through. Firstly, have you been to see your GP regarding your condition? Your employer should ask you to get a 'fit note (http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1062.aspx?CategoryID=190&SubCategoryID=1903)', which provides the appropriate evidence that you are indeed unwell and should not be working at the present time (if your GP feels that this is the case). They shouldn't be phoning you and saying that 'you sound fine', as this is completely inappropriate (if they already know what is wrong). Make sure you do everything by the book as your employer cannot pester you and you'll be able to relax and get the appropriate help and treatment.

Shammy
21-07-14, 15:12
Hi Shammy, sorry to hear that you're suffering at the moment - I know exactly what you are going through. Firstly, have you been to see your GP regarding your condition? Your employer should ask you to get a 'fit note (http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1062.aspx?CategoryID=190&SubCategoryID=1903)', which provides the appropriate evidence that you are indeed unwell and should not be working at the present time (if your GP feels that this is the case). They shouldn't be phoning you and saying that 'you sound fine', as this is completely inappropriate (if they already know what is wrong). Make sure you do everything by the book as your employer cannot pester you and you'll be able to relax and get the appropriate help and treatment.

I am on medication and CBT at the moment which work know about. They had to employ a temp to cover for me which is costing them money. I was told they need a answer if I will return in a week or not at all. But I cannot predict this!

AnxietyDJ
21-07-14, 15:51
Has your GP signed you off with a fit note? If you are officially signed off, then your employer cannot do anything and they certainly can't start giving you ultimatums about when you have to return by (I am assuming you are a permanent member of staff?).

This sort of pressure from employers really doesn't help anything or anyone in the long term.

ben johnson
21-07-14, 16:18
i have a way i could help u out btw hun xx

Shammy
21-07-14, 17:11
i have a way i could help u out btw hun xx

how please? and do not call me hun or put kisses . it makes me anxious and is not needed

LeFi_81
21-07-14, 17:59
Hi,

I agree with AnxietyDJ. If your documentation is right, then your employer can wait until you are really fit to return.

I know this problem with anxiety. If your insides are all liquid, the people around you would not notice. Which makes our suffering very lonely.

I get the feeling you are not ready for work? Be honest. Also to your caretakers. If you need time, then I pray you get it.

By now I am really eager to work again. It took me half a year!

Everybody though has his or her own pace.
Goodluck!