PDA

View Full Version : lung cancer worry

ryan2014
21-07-14, 14:19
hi so im 22 year old guy and ive had health anxiety for years and since l lost my job its just become so much worse and ive worried about so many different things and the for about 3 months now i have had a like weird soreness in my upper left back but the thing is it only happens of im sitting down which i do alot since i dont work or if im pressing against it and of course natural ive been totally thinking its lung cancer and i google like mad about it but i just its the only thing i seem to have and im always thinking about it which i think is making it worse plus i think it start as my grandad has lung cancer and i looked the signs up of it then i seemed to be feeling them which i just dunno if it sounds like just normal anxiety as i dont have anything else but this uncomfortable weird soreness like my ribs in my back are sore to press so any advice would be great thanks

Dolphin8808
21-07-14, 15:01
I am sorry you are dealing with this, but lung cancer does not present itself as you describe. You will not just have pain in one spot like that. It sounds to me like you may have pinched a nerve in your back (which can cause pain in the front of your chest as well). Think of your nerves as a tree that branches out from your spine all the way around to the front of your chest. Its why back problems can cause pain in your back, chest, sides etc.

My grandfather had lunch cancer, he had NO pain, he had a constant persistent cough that sounded wet and harsh that lasted a LONG time. That is why he got tested, not due to pain. Even then, he had surgery and lived quite awhile longer!

My doctor once told me that our anxiety causes all of our muscles to tense and bunch and compress on nerves and bones within our bodies. That due to this, it can cause pains through out that can last months if not longer. It can also be the way you are sleeping at night or if you are using too many pillows.

If you press against it and it hurts, it is also very much likely muscle related.

Try to calm down, have you tried any kind of yoga or stretching? You need to get your muscles less tense.

ryan2014
21-07-14, 15:08
hi ive not tried that no its just a weird uncomfortable feeling and its like upper back under my shoulder blade and yeah it does hurt when pressed and its obvs only happening when its pressed by sitting down as when i stand up its feels totally fine and i can lay on that side in bed and not have the feeling and i dont have a cough or anything like that just this weird feeling

Dolphin8808
21-07-14, 15:31
I would not be worried about lung cancer at all, it really sounds like a muscle in your back, really try to stretch gently and see how you are sleeping at night.

It could be a nerve in your back that is being pressed on a bit or it really could just be a muscle (I am no doctor but that is really what it sounds like to me).

ryan2014
21-07-14, 15:35
no no i think your right as i think by now since its been 3 months id have other signs to if it was lung cancer thank you for your advice :yesyes: