PDA

View Full Version : Woke up with a mouthful of dried blood, freaked out

lofwyr
21-07-14, 14:59
Title kind of says it all. I had dried blood all over inside my mouth, which would freak me out less if I had a bloody nose too, but when I blew my nose, no blood came out. It just seems to have come from my mouth, maybe the back of my throat. No sign of blood in my nasal area at all or on my pillow etc.

I know, rationally, that it is probably a burst blood vessel at the back of my sinuses, but irrationally I think the worst, some sort of cancer etc. I hate unknown things like this so much, and "mystery blood" really wasn't how I wanted to start my day. Anyone have this happen to them?

AnxietyDJ
21-07-14, 15:13
It could be one of many things... Most likely you just chewed your tongue or inside of your cheek or something whilst sleeping and it bled a little into your mouth. I don't think you would be able to cough up a lot of blood in your sleep and it not disturb you. Hope you're ok - try to stop worrying :)

lofwyr
21-07-14, 16:30
Thanks for the reply, I had assumed it was a bloody nose, but there was no blood in my nose or on my pillow, maybe the vessel was way back in my sinuses and I was laying on my back, so that could have been it I suppose.

Surprise morning blood is not the best way for a hypochondriac to wake up. =)