PDA

View Full Version : Cathartic argument.

HalfJack
21-07-14, 18:14
Managed to sort out everything with my boyfriend.
It's been hard for me to live with another person with serious anxiety and depression and putting off talking made it worse.

I was trying to shield him from everything but I had too much on my shoulders and it wasn't working. He has been really stressed here and he needed things to get better but because he was so low he didn't have the energy to change anything, and nothing changes on it's own. I knew we needed to get some things done, but it never felt like the right time.

Now we've talked we are going to plans out the changes we need to make and stick to it, communicate more so we know when the other needs extra support, make more time for therapy exercises/exercise and generally keep on top of it all.
Took an argument to start us off but now we are back to normal and the tension is completely gone. We still have a lot to work out but not with each other, we're back to being good again.

Ripping of the plaster really can be a good tactic! I've learnt that I need to be more honest about my feelings and more pro-active in regards to our recovery.

Oosh
22-07-14, 11:57
Thats great news.

You started voluntary work, good communication with your bf, sounds like things are improving for you. Thats great !

I see it like a little mountain of achievments, positives, productive stuff.
Pile them all up like a little mountain so you can remember when you wake up how this went right and this, then that got done, then you finally bought that thing you needed and then this got sorted.
Its great for feeling productive and positive. Makes you want to list all the things holding you back and fix them.
A little mountain of reasons to be positive.

Then one day youre looking at your life thinking "wow how my life has changed".

HalfJack
23-07-14, 18:52
Woop :)
You're right I often wake up feeling pretty useless, but I've definitely done a lot recently, maximum effort is happening! In combo with not running myself into the ground, probably the most balanced I've ever been.

Got a long way to go but I've managed to get us on the right track at least. Feeling anxious but oddly positive and gung ho at the same time.

swgrl09
05-09-14, 13:38
That's awesome. My husband and I try to be as open about my anxiety as possible. It was hard at first but now it really helps a lot. Good work!

HalfJack
05-09-14, 23:12
You too! :D