PDA

View Full Version : Having Panic Attack

UKmamainUS
21-07-14, 19:07
I am heading to the ENT in about 2 hours to get a lump and some random symptoms checked. Probably all fine, but still, I have health anxiety and have been in pain for a long time with one thing or another, so even though logically I know I will be ok, I am still fearful. At this exact moment, my entire family are heading off to a veterinary cardiologist with our new puppy (stray that found it's way to our house) who has a severe grade heart murmur. He is going to have an Echocardiogram to see what is going on, if he is going to die within months vs years, if he needs surgery, meds etc. So, hear I am, alone, with all these things on my mind. Can't take my anxiety meds because they make me sleepy and after my ENT I have to drive an hour to meet my family at the cardiologist. So, now my throat is closing and I am a wreck. I know it is just an anxiety attack, and there is nothing anyone here can do to help me, I just needed to put my thoughts somewhere before my brain explodes.

Thanks for listening

AnxietyDJ
21-07-14, 20:00
Hey there, just remember that you have been in this situation before and you have been able to get through it and most importantly, that you recognise and accept what the symptoms are and that they are likely to come and go, but realise that they cannot do you any real harm and will subside given time. Let them wash over you if they do come... Breathe deeply and calmly... Let them do their worst... They can make you uncomfortable, but can't really hurt you... You're stronger than they will ever be.

Keep moving forwards... Try not to overthink anything... You can do it! :)