PDA

View Full Version : cant get on chat

Katy92
21-07-14, 19:20
can anyone help i cant get on chAT?

AnxietyDJ
21-07-14, 20:22
If you are a new user you have to wait 5 days before you can access the room. The chat room requires Java, so if you are using a tablet or mobile, then you may not be able to get in.

Hope that helps :)

venusbluejeans
21-07-14, 20:37
have a look here too. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=148028

Thanks mr DJ

AnxietyDJ
21-07-14, 22:32
have a look here too. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=148028

Thanks mr DJ

Any time :)

ARandomSparkle
08-09-14, 15:16
I've been having this issue for a while now.....

When I searched for java in the control panel nothing came up. Ive downloaded Java since....wasn't sure I needed to but worth a try....still no java appears when I search the control panel.....

what am I doing wrong?! Help much appreciated!

nomorepanic
08-09-14, 15:18
click on the start menu icon and type in "configure java" in the search box and see if that comes up with something

poshpants
08-09-14, 18:14
I don't have chat room as available when I click on chat room I get the following?

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

I can now see chat room an have done that java link but still cannot gain access?

nomorepanic
08-09-14, 18:38
Read the thread venus posted above all the way through and there are some suggestions in there.

You don't say what happens when you go in chat

poshpants
09-09-14, 10:52
I cant get into chat at all it comes up with proxy server an I cannot get in, I have checked the java stuff as per the link venue put on an I have no more panic in there it also mentions it might be the firewall?
Could not connect
Possible reasons include:
- The chat server system at temporarily unavailable.
- Your computer is behind a firewall or proxy server. Please ensure that your firewall permits outgoing TCP connections to port 8080.

venusbluejeans
09-09-14, 11:28
I had this when we first changed over to the new server and it fixed itself... so I should think it will with you too, you just may need to give it a bit of time.

if you are desperate for someone to talk to in the mean time we have a Facebook page too.