PDA

View Full Version : FEELING GREAT - JUST WANT TO SHARE

fran43
18-12-06, 20:02
It has been a while since I posted. My internet line is causing problems so I have just moved to another ISP and hope it sorts what ever the problem was.

I feel really good at the moment. My unreal feeling has not returned (I do wiah how I lost it in the first time as I had it 24/7). I can drive, go into shops, meetings and am thinking of returning back to work in Jan.

I have a keyworker who I work with and have about another 20 sessions left.

My daughter is due to give birth on Friday (ok, the grey hair is going to come, especially being called nanny!):D]

Christmas is not my favourite time of year but as I still have a young child it is important to make it good. Boy is he hard work as they broke up from school for nearly 3 weeks.

I really dont want this post to make anyone feel that I am "bragging" about how I feel right at this moment. each day can be different but I seem to be learning.

I will post later on but I wanted to share my good feels rather than my "I am going mad" or feel "suicidal". It is something to celebrate and to me that is worth sharing.

Take good care of yourselves and each other.

Love FranXXX

lildutt
18-12-06, 21:06
well done fran keep up the good work

normalwisdom
18-12-06, 21:30
Brag all you like I do!:D

It is nice to hear when things are going well keep it up.

Take Care

Steph

natty
19-12-06, 03:55
the good times are definatly worth sharing , they give all the rest of us some hope .
my good thing for today is that i took my dog to the park , met an old man with a puppy and i gave him training tips and my hard working dog got to play in the mud for an hour with a crazy roley polley pup, they had so much fun and i felt usefull for the first time in ages.

bb natty

trac67
19-12-06, 04:06
Brag away mate, you deserve to, it is great to read a positive thread, it shows everyone that it can be overcome.

Well done, onwards and upwards.

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

eeyorelover
19-12-06, 04:11
Great things are happening for you Fran and not only do you deserve to brag about them but we LOVE to hear about them too :)
CONGRATS on the soon to arrive Granbaby!!!!!!!!
xxx
Sandy

hopeful
19-12-06, 09:01
Good to hear you're feeling better Fran, long may it last. I wish you and your family a very merry christmas.

Take care
julie x

LickeyEndBlues
19-12-06, 09:10
Woo Woo Fran
It is always good to hear great news, it lets us all know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I agree with you about Crimbo also, I could do without it, but the kids love it and though them my views are changing.

Have a great time Fran.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

fran43
19-12-06, 10:06
Thanks to everyone who sent such supportive posts. It is good to hear my post was not thought of as "bragging". If they help give positive support to anyone I will post how things are going.

I think taking things in small steps is vital (mine was driving, shopping, crowds, meeting people - but all one at a time). It is still horrible to have to do these things when feeling so unreal with PA's but I think tht may be a clue of why the unreal feeling went. I did not wake up and thought great it is gone. It just something I necessarily did but perhaps through my small steps and doing more things built up more confidence which may have helped.

I also started thinking that my world before PA's etc started was always happy. Coming through the unreal feeling has given me the perspective that life has its ups and downs. So taking each day as it comes is helpful, I never know what isgoing to happen during that day but it is acceptance that I have some tools to help cope.

I will post again if it helps others to feel more positive and to let others know it is possible to reach for the stars.

I wish you all a Happy Christmas and New Year without too much added stress.

Take good care of yourselves and each other.

Fran XX

mirry
19-12-06, 11:54
fran, well done on your achievements :D

I love to hear how other people get on, it is really inspiring.

Yesturday I managed to go for a pub lunch with my friends, I felt nervous but once I had a drink I felt calmer, now I want to do it weekly because its the contstant exposure that helps.

Have a great christmas[Yeah!]

mirryx

Paddington
19-12-06, 15:12
DearFran,i am thrilled for you,what a break thru!Like being re-born isn't it!;)Hey,keep posting your successes Fran,it is so good to read about the other side of it all,that WE CAN GET WELL!Love M.R.xxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

mick
20-12-06, 15:56
well done fran its good to hear positive vibes like that, it gives hope to everyone on here,your doing great keep up the good work
all the best Mick

spuds
20-12-06, 15:58
I have been feeling better the last couple of months too - not quite back to my old self, but getting there. I made a 40 minute motorway journey on my own the other week - I haven't felt able to do this for 2 years. I'm not so great this week, but I think it's lack of sleep and Christmas stress. I think the important thing is that I'm now at the stage where I can say 'It's only a blip', and know I'll feel better soon, without being overwhelmed by negative thoughts about my health. The improvement comes so gradually that you don't always know you are getting better. We can all get well if we keep trying.

manmoor
20-12-06, 16:49
Well Done Fran. xxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

Dave777
20-12-06, 20:32
Fran, great to hear you are doing so well !!
If you feel good, Post it, makes the rest of us feel better:D

Davex

jill
20-12-06, 20:37
Hi Fran, :D:D

Its great to hear how well you are doing, thats fab, [^]:D Keep up the good work and keep posting on things.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Fear is the darkroom
where negatives are developed.....

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conqers fear...

groovygranny
20-12-06, 22:12
Fran, thanks for sharing your success with all of us.......your success is our success cos we all care about each other!!

A Happy and Peaceful Christmas to you!

Lotsa luv

GG

xxx[:P]

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'