PDA

View Full Version : All too much

backto505
22-07-14, 08:08
So 3 months ago, I was sent to A&E after I felt dizzy whilst laying in bed watching tv, I had a pulse rate of 180 and was scared I was going to die. I'm only 20 but since then my life has changed. I was given a beta blocker and sent home the next day. They put it down to tachycardia. I then went on to propanalol 40mg 3 times, sometimes 4 times a day. I was constantly worried I was going to have a heart attack! I started getting dizzy, twitching all over, upset and convinced there was something seriously wrong with me! I cut my dose down and started feeling much better, minus the horrible thoughts. I then went from 40mg to nothing at all, and about 2 days later my anxiety was through the roof and I am convinced there's something seriously wrong. My right leg feels like it doesn't want to keep up with the rest of my body, I cannot sleep, and every time I'm about to nod off, I jerk awake! I feel sick, upset and I don't even feel real anymore. Doctors and hospitals are constantly telling me I am physically fine and this is all anxiety. They've since put me on 2mg of diazepam when I need it, and Mitrazapine at nights. It helps with the anxiety but makes me feel like I'm not even real. To top it all off, I have a raised lymph node on the right side of my neck. A nurse has told me it feels fine and normal, but with how I feel I'm just so scared. Life is impossible at the moment and it feels like everything is falling apart around me. I just don't know what to do any more. Each morning I wake up just to try and survive to the next day. That's all I am, and I want a real life back.

bowlerbazza
22-07-14, 11:11
Hi there

Can I start by saying omg your last two sentences sums up my whole life. I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought to myself was lets make it until tonight.

3 weeks ago I went to A+E as I went dizzy and my heart was pounding I had a ecg and blood test done which came back ok but was told I should have a 24 hour heart rate monitor which im just waiting for the results for.

I have been told its all anxiety but I wont accept it as I feel anxiety would not be this bad as like I say I only live to make one day at the moment.

I want my life back but not sure what to do..

backto505
22-07-14, 11:53
I've had every test imaginable done on my heart and its all come back clear, I'd imagine if your bloods are fine and your monitor results are fine then you're a-okay on the heart side of things!

just keep going

bowlerbazza
22-07-14, 11:58
Its funny you say just keep going when its so hard to do lol.

When you say you have had all the test and it came back fine why are you still worried.

Im just intrested in why im feeling like this ??

backto505
22-07-14, 12:04
So true, it's easier said than done, but what other choice do we have? I need so much support right now, I know what it's like being this way and I want to give support back!

Because even though I've had these tests, I still keep getting all these weird symptoms, I'm scared I have a tumour or cancer, I want the tests to rule them out but doctors think it's nonsense, and without the medical proof, I'm scared and can't help but be so!