PDA

View Full Version : Leg aches and continuous fear, not living

maltahypo
22-07-14, 09:15
Hi everyone, some 2 months ago i hurt my back due to lifting a very heavy object. I had soreness in my back for quite some time and lately it has been on and off. my lower back feels tight and have some soreness in my upper buttock area. now i am also feeling that my left leg feels tired and aches in my thigh and yesterday i had shooting pain in my tibia and sometimes my ankle hurts. this is all happening in my left leg.

i am so afraid it could be bone cancer or some cancer in my spine which is affecting my leg.

I do really believe that living has no real reason as we are all going to die in the end and i cant take all of this fear anymore.

I just cant cope.

Mrs Panda
22-07-14, 10:35
Hi. I have days like that too sometimes.

As for your leg pain, it sounds like it's connected with your lower back. I have lower back problems and often it results in all types of weird leg pains, spasms and even pins and needles and very occasionally slight numbness. A visit to a chiropractor or physio would help you a great deal.

Hang in there....it's not all bad :)

Fishmanpa
22-07-14, 13:28
Back pain, especially lower back pain/injuries cause the symptoms you describe. It can be debilitating when it flairs up. I have lower back issues from a bulging disc in the L4-L5 area. For the most part, I'm fine but every once in a while I'll throw my back out and I'm down for the count for weeks until it eases.

The best way to control and prevent the issues you describe is to strengthen the area. That means exercise and working through the discomfort and pain as you build the muscles around the injured area. That will address the physical aspect. Addressing the mental aspect is necessary as well. See your GP for the back pain and ask about a referral for counseling concerning your attitude about life. Depression and anxiety is quite common as you can see on these boards.

Positive thoughts