PDA

View Full Version : Think I have eye problems or something

WorriedTeen221
22-07-14, 09:28
SO I wear glasses, been wearing them since I was 11. I'm 19 now. The other night I was out with friends drinking, and I drank quite a lot. Woke up the next morning paying for it. During the day I noticed that my right eye would tear up and get blurry when looking at the screen so I had to blink a good bit and rub it to clear it. This kept happening even when I woke up yesterday so I decided to google it. Now I am terrified that my retina could detach or I have a tumour and I'm going blind. I felt so horrible yesterday and I could barely sleep last night, in fact I only got 4 hours sleep and I'm wide awake which isn't like me at all. My right eye feels so weird now, kinda heavy and if I squint both my eyes my right one doesn't squint the same as my left. I'm so worried it's making me feel sick. Anyone else ever feel like this? I have had a headache on and off since too. At first I thought it was dry eyes from the lack of water, or eye strain from being on a computer most of thee day but my eye just feels so heavy and weird and even when I close my eyes it just doesn't feel right :(

Zestyz
22-07-14, 22:04
Hi, your eyes usually tear up or get watery when they are dry. This might be because when you look at a screen or are concentrating you don't blink as much, making them dry.
Could you be suffering from hayfever?
Leave off the computer for a few hours, use some soothing eye drops 3-4 times a day and drink some fluid as alcohol dehydrates you which probably doesn't help.
If it was a retinal detachment you would probably have a sudden onset of flashing lights or floaters or loss of vision.
Hope that helps :)

WorriedTeen221
22-07-14, 22:18
Hi, your eyes usually tear up or get watery when they are dry. This might be because when you look at a screen or are concentrating you don't blink as much, making them dry.
Could you be suffering from hayfever?
Leave off the computer for a few hours, use some soothing eye drops 3-4 times a day and drink some fluid as alcohol dehydrates you which probably doesn't help.
If it was a retinal detachment you would probably have a sudden onset of flashing lights or floaters or loss of vision.
Hope that helps :)

Yeah I thought that. I was thinking over the day I could have Glaucoma, Eye tumor, retinal detachment, cornea scaring and more, but then I thought to myslef, how could I possibly have all these at once? I think now it's just dry eyes. Vision still feels ''weird'' though

RaverNeko
23-07-14, 00:45
Wow, I've been dealing with the same thing today, and yeah I did the same thing as you. Googling things is such a bad idea, but it's quite difficult to stop, >_> I'm 99% sure it's just eye strain, especially considering that you're on the computer a lot. My eye pressure/tension seems to happen when I'm on the computer a bunch, so yeah, :)

WorriedTeen221
23-07-14, 01:56
Wow, I've been dealing with the same thing today, and yeah I did the same thing as you. Googling things is such a bad idea, but it's quite difficult to stop, >_> I'm 99% sure it's just eye strain, especially considering that you're on the computer a lot. My eye pressure/tension seems to happen when I'm on the computer a bunch, so yeah, :)

I'm on my laptop 24/7 pretty much. Only affecting my right eye and its tenderish,, feels like there is something trapped behind it. Drinking 3 litres of water a day now and getting lots of eye helpful foods like kale

RaverNeko
23-07-14, 02:35
That's pretty much exactly how mine feels. Does it also feel like there's a sort of light "pressure" behind it as well?

WorriedTeen221
23-07-14, 14:24
That's pretty much exactly how mine feels. Does it also feel like there's a sort of light "pressure" behind it as well?

Yeah just behind one eye? Mine feels like that and the vision feels weird even though I can see fine. Freaking me out.

Fishmanpa
23-07-14, 14:50
I'm on my laptop 24/7 pretty much.

That stood out like a sore thumb to me ;)

Positive thoughts

WorriedTeen221
23-07-14, 16:23
That stood out like a sore thumb to me ;)

Positive thoughts

Only thing that has me worried is why it just suddenly started to happen during a bad hangover :P Only real symptoms I have is: Right eye feels weird (has symptoms of dry eye tbh) Pressure around eye and head, Eye will sometimes ''tear up'' and ill have to blink a bit to get it back to normal. Then me googling makes things 100 times worse! Also, in the mirrors my eyes look glossy, like there constantly wet or something??

Fishmanpa
23-07-14, 16:47
it just suddenly started to happen during a bad hangover :P

There ya go! Drinking and anxiety don't mix! Drinking also dehydrates you, thus dry eyes, thus eye issues... 1+1=2 as I see it ;)

Positive thoughts

RaverNeko
23-07-14, 19:07
Yeah just behind one eye? Mine feels like that and the vision feels weird even though I can see fine. Freaking me out.

Oh my God it's literally the exact same thing for me! And yep, behind one eye as well. I think what other uses are saying relates to both of us. You're on your laptop 24/7 just like me, so that's what could cause these weird eye sensations. When you went to bed and woke up, did it feel a little better?

I think one thing to keep in mind for health anxiety suffers like us is that when we notice a certain part of our body acting up, we'll become hyper aware on it (especially for me, I have ADHD and hyperfocus is the worst), so any little thing will make us think it's something far worse (especially with the lovely influence of Dr. Google).

WorriedTeen221
23-07-14, 22:57
Oh my God it's literally the exact same thing for me! And yep, behind one eye as well. I think what other uses are saying relates to both of us. You're on your laptop 24/7 just like me, so that's what could cause these weird eye sensations. When you went to bed and woke up, did it feel a little better?

I think one thing to keep in mind for health anxiety suffers like us is that when we notice a certain part of our body acting up, we'll become hyper aware on it (especially for me, I have ADHD and hyperfocus is the worst), so any little thing will make us think it's something far worse (especially with the lovely influence of Dr. Google).

Just went to see the new planet of the apes movie with friends, and I didn't really feel any pressure or pain, took a painkiller before I left. Only problem with my vision I noticed is after the blur in my right clears my right eye has slightly worse vision than left. I honestly think it's a mix of eyestrain and me needing new glasses since it's nearly 3 years since I last got them done.

RaverNeko
23-07-14, 23:02
Just went to see the new planet of the apes movie with friends, and I didn't really feel any pressure or pain, took a painkiller before I left. Only problem with my vision I noticed is after the blur in my right clears my right eye has slightly worse vision than left. I honestly think it's a mix of eyestrain and me needing new glasses since it's nearly 3 years since I last got them done.

My right eye has been like that too recently. Maybe, especially with your right eye, you're more focused on that eye so you notice more things with it, especially in regards to symptoms and stuff like that. Do you have astigmatism by any chance in that eye? I have it so my vision has pretty much always sucked in that eye.

WorriedTeen221
23-07-14, 23:33
My right eye has been like that too recently. Maybe, especially with your right eye, you're more focused on that eye so you notice more things with it, especially in regards to symptoms and stuff like that. Do you have astigmatism by any chance in that eye? I have it so my vision has pretty much always sucked in that eye.

Yeah I think I have that in both eyes, where your vision is really blurry all distances? Maybe mine is just getting a bit worse in one eye. Diet, Hydration and eye strainnig play a big part in it apparently.

RaverNeko
24-07-14, 03:00
Yeah I think I have that in both eyes, where your vision is really blurry all distances? Maybe mine is just getting a bit worse in one eye. Diet, Hydration and eye strainnig play a big part in it apparently.

Same here (with the astigmatism). I was diagnosed a year ago of having it in both eyes, but far more severe in one eye. My right eye will often drift to the left like this (in the before section) (http://www.envisioneyeandlaser.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Lazy-Eye.jpg) whenever I stare at a computer screen for a long amount of time. What personally makes me nervous is I notice this discomfort so much and I kinda think that my vision is getting worse in my right eye for whatever reason. Health anxiety sucks, :( Do you know how long it'll take for eye strain to get better?

WorriedTeen221
24-07-14, 12:47
Same here (with the astigmatism). I was diagnosed a year ago of having it in both eyes, but far more severe in one eye. My right eye will often drift to the left like whenever I stare at a computer screen for a long amount of time. What personally makes me nervous is I notice this discomfort so much and I kinda think that my vision is getting worse in my right eye for whatever reason. Health anxiety sucks, :( Do you know how long it'll take for eye strain to get better?

Do you wear glasses? Reason being I googled what a ''pulling feeling'' on your eye is, thats kinda what the light pressure feels like. Came across a forum for opticians that said if someone says that, it's a lens issue with prescriptions. My right eye needs a stronger prescription it seems and that is what is causing the feeling and slight blur until I let it focus! I also posted an email to specsavers (opticians) and they said everything I am describing is normal and a sign I need new glasses. They said it doesn't sound like anything bad. :)

RaverNeko
24-07-14, 19:56
Do you wear glasses? Reason being I googled what a ''pulling feeling'' on your eye is, thats kinda what the light pressure feels like. Came across a forum for opticians that said if someone says that, it's a lens issue with prescriptions. My right eye needs a stronger prescription it seems and that is what is causing the feeling and slight blur until I let it focus! I also posted an email to specsavers (opticians) and they said everything I am describing is normal and a sign I need new glasses. They said it doesn't sound like anything bad. :)

What do you mean by "pulling feeling"? When I sit here and think about that and my eye, I can kinda see how you'd use it to describe the odd sensation in your eye. As for glasses, I do wear them all the time. The lenses are scratched to hell though, sucks not having an anti-scratch coating and having cheap-o insurance. I'd love to upgrade my cheap glasses to a nice pair of Italian made Ray-Bans, so maybe that'd be an excuse to go to the optometrist, haha!

WorriedTeen221
24-07-14, 20:48
What do you mean by "pulling feeling"? When I sit here and think about that and my eye, I can kinda see how you'd use it to describe the odd sensation in your eye. As for glasses, I do wear them all the time. The lenses are scratched to hell though, sucks not having an anti-scratch coating and having cheap-o insurance. I'd love to upgrade my cheap glasses to a nice pair of Italian made Ray-Bans, so maybe that'd be an excuse to go to the optometrist, haha!

You might need new ones :) That's my conclusion on the whole matter anyways.

RaverNeko
25-07-14, 00:40
You might need new ones :) That's my conclusion on the whole matter anyways.

I made an appointment with the optometrist today! Gonna see them on the second of August. Hopefully they won't find anything bad with my eye like the things you were freaking out about, haha! It'll be nice to update my perscription though!

WorriedTeen221
25-07-14, 01:14
I made an appointment with the optometrist today! Gonna see them on the second of August. Hopefully they won't find anything bad with my eye like the things you were freaking out about, haha! It'll be nice to update my perscription though!

Only thing I really have now is what started this, the slight blur to certain words when I blink. It's still freaking me out and I am still googling like a madman lol. Did the eye doctor seem concerned at all? Blur only really happens with certain things but with one eye closed it's fine, blnking with both causes the blur. Praying it's just a prescription problem because when I take them off and go up close to the text that was bothering me, it isn't there even if I blink with both at once.

RaverNeko
25-07-14, 02:41
Only thing I really have now is what started this, the slight blur to certain words when I blink. It's still freaking me out and I am still googling like a madman lol. Did the eye doctor seem concerned at all? Blur only really happens with certain things but with one eye closed it's fine, blnking with both causes the blur. Praying it's just a prescription problem because when I take them off and go up close to the text that was bothering me, it isn't there even if I blink with both at once.

I really gotta recommend to you to NOT Google! I know it's hard as ****, but try your best! I've been getting the itch to Google lately, but I've been doing my very best to suppress it. Google will ALWAYS say it's cancer, no matter what. As for the eye doctor, I didn't ask. I just called and told them that I wanted to make an appointment, and they said alright and they scheduled me for the 2nd. As for the blur, I'm not a doctor (obviously) but maybe it has something to do with the "film" in your eyes that you were talking about earlier? You mentioned that you were able to email some opticians, try talking to them about it (and not talk about it with Dr. Google!)

Fishmanpa
25-07-14, 03:29
"it just suddenly started to happen during a bad hangover :P"

There ya go! Drinking and anxiety don't mix! Drinking also dehydrates you, thus dry eyes, thus eye issues... 1+1=2 as I see it

I heard crickets after I posted that.

Positive thoughts

WorriedTeen221
25-07-14, 14:03
I heard crickets after I posted that.

Positive thoughts

Sorry I never noticed it :P I think I've been having problems with my prescription anyway (notice myself squinting with glasses on) and now the Health Anxiety has kicked in and amplified it

help me 21
25-07-14, 19:11
Think I can relate my one eye feels really heavy and a bit of pain around my eye and above my eye. I have dry eyes I use drops daily its scaryin me

WorriedTeen221
25-07-14, 22:51
Think I can relate my one eye feels really heavy and a bit of pain around my eye and above my eye. I have dry eyes I use drops daily its scaryin me
Do you wear glasses at all?

help me 21
20-08-14, 02:27
No

WorriedTeen221
20-08-14, 13:46
No

All that went away for me, all it was was that my astigmatism increased a bit causing the ghosting, the rest seemed to be anxiety. The new problem is a black spot when I blink, which could be Central Serous Retinopathy which isn't serious and clears on its own. Trying not to think about about.