PDA

View Full Version : need some more advice please

ryan2014
22-07-14, 14:12
hi so i posted on here yesterday and got some really good advice about the soreness im feeling in my upper back but i would like to more is it common for your upper back where your ribs are to be sore and can anxiety make your should blade so too and if so then where do i go from here to get over it as im fed up of being stressed about it now after 3 months of it thanks

Magic
22-07-14, 15:03
I have pain in my upper back. It is a muscle that is painful near my right shoulder blade. Also my ribs hurt on the same side. My GP gave me painkillers. and said I need a massage!!!!! Missed your other post ryan x cannot type for long as it hurts my back as I am right handed

ryan2014
22-07-14, 18:19
yeah mine sounds just like yours but its my left side and my shoulder blade is sore to touch to and the ribs on that side i was just natural worried with health anxiety that is was lung cancer or bone cancer but mine only seems to hurt when i sit down and my back is being pressed against something

Magic
23-07-14, 12:01
Same for me ryan. Getting comfortable is hard.
You can ask your GP if you can have Xray to put your mind at rest.

claireypoo
23-07-14, 12:09
I have lots of trouble with my right ribs and upper back right side between shoulder blade and spine on right . My GP has said possibly indigestion and maybe even muscular pain. She wasn't at all concerned. She said lots of anxious people suffer with pain and discomfort in the hypochondrium. So much so that the Greeks thought that the area was 'the seat of melancholy' and that depression came from there. The word hypochondriac comes from this area and means literally 'beneath the ribs'.

I'm saying what she told me, but it still freaks me out. :) (see my previous posts on it)

Good luck,
Claire x

Fishmanpa
23-07-14, 13:05
You can ask your GP if you can have Xray to put your mind at rest.

I have to counter this line of thinking. Once your doctor gives you an all clear, pushing for additional tests that are unnecessary for reassurance purposes just reinforces the HA issue and taxes the system that is paying for these tests. Speaking to your GP about getting treatment for HA is much more productive and prudent.

Positive thoughts