PDA

View Full Version : Everything aches - what can I do

Jules31
11-08-04, 13:03
Hi

I'm after some advice/help

For the last couple of days, I have been in agony. My back, neck and shoulders are killing me. They feel really tight and heavy, even my hands ache.

Nothing I do seems to help. I've booked a massage for Saturday, the earliest I can get one but am not sure what to do until then.

I'm hoping it's muscular, but don't understand why it has come on all over my body so suddenly.

I have had it before but not this bad.

I did hurt my neck whilst away last week and the dr thinks I trapped a nerve. He couldn't examine my neck though because he said the muscles on the left side were in spasm. At this stage my back and arms weren't hurting. In fact even my legs feel like lead.

I tried a bath this morning but it doesn't seem to have helped much, though it was only a quick one. I mean who wants one in this heat. I've tried stretching too but nothing hurts. Last night I had to take paracetamol it was that bad.

I'm wondering if my posture at work could be making things worse as it's def worse since I went back, but I seem to get in when I'm not there too.

Everytime I move my neck I can either hear it grating or it sounds like my spine clicks.

Anyway thanks for your help

Jules

tara
11-08-04, 13:29
Hi, it does sound as if you've hurt a muscle or something, but when i read that your aching all over, i had something very similar 2 months ago, my whole body was completly aching after suffering with it for a number of weeks i went the doctor who gave me blood tests and found out that it was anemiea that was making me feel as if i'd been beaten with a large stick, It's just a thought, Tara xx

tara
11-08-04, 15:04
Sorry can't send you a PM, It's worth a try, i was told that my folic acid levels were so low, that was the reason i felt like i was beaten up. I now take folic acid (the ones used during pregnancy) and they have taken all the symptoms away. If you look up anemiea on the net it has some terrible symptoms Its worth a thought coz i've had anemia before and it was nothing like i had it this time. Hope it helps Take Care Tara xxx

Meg
12-08-04, 09:24
Jules - some total and all over gentle stretching will help.

Swimming too !!

The massage will be great .

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

Jules31
12-08-04, 10:20
thanks for the advice

Meg I've tried stretching but will carry on, I just hurt so much again today. Even coming up the stairs is painful. Not sure I could manage swimming but will try and give it a go if I get time.

Jules

sarah
12-08-04, 17:50
Hi There Jules

How are you feeling now?
Did you manage to go swimming?

It could be nothing more sinister than a stress/tension thing. I too occasionally ache really badly all over for no apparent reason. The only thing I can suggest is take it easy, relax and try and get in some ME time and exercise before your massage.

take care
love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Meg
12-08-04, 18:45
Zes, shes just up the road from me.

Meg

Jules31
13-08-04, 16:01
Well I slept for hours last night and still don't feel any better. I didn't get to go swimming as I finished work late and then went to see my friend.

All of me is hurting now, even my legs, and arms. It even hurts to walk up the stairs. I've had this a bit before but never to this extent. Don't think I could exercise even if I wanted too. Have been feeling very dizzy too. Am feeling a bit irrational with it all. I feel completely exhausted

Anyway thanks again,

Meg I'm definitely going to try Ruth next time I get a massage. The woman I use is good but hers sound great.

Jules

tara
13-08-04, 19:04
Hi jules, sorry to find you still feeling so rotton, i've sent you a PM, hope it doesn't last to long. Take care Tara x

rakey64
15-01-09, 16:00
Hi Jules, I am currently suffering the same symptoms as youself. After lots of research on my own behalf, I have made myself an appointment with a naturalpath and am pretty certain I have Hypothyroidism and or adrenal fatigue. My appointment is not until January 20, but would be happy to keep you informed of my prognosis, and treatment. Kerry
Well I slept for hours last night and still don't feel any better. I didn't get to go swimming as I finished work late and then went to see my friend.

All of me is hurting now, even my legs, and arms. It even hurts to walk up the stairs. I've had this a bit before but never to this extent. Don't think I could exercise even if I wanted too. Have been feeling very dizzy too. Am feeling a bit irrational with it all. I feel completely exhausted

Anyway thanks again,

Meg I'm definitely going to try Ruth next time I get a massage. The woman I use is good but hers sound great.

Jules