PDA

View Full Version : Someone talk some sense into me I'm so scared :/

Brixcx
23-07-14, 06:42
So here we go all over again. I've been having these mild headaches like at the back of my head for maybe 5 days now. Obviously since I freak out pretty easily after coming across so many brain tumor fear threads on forums. My mind decided it would jump on the bandwagon and do the same. And it suddenly became the main focus of my attention.

So now I'm here afraid of having a brain tumor or anything worse.
My headaches range from 3/10 to 5/10 (pain wise).
I know they're not severe, they're pretty mild yet they do bother me.
Like right now I'm having this odd pain which I don't even know how to explain it. Its like the ache you get after clenching your jaw too long? But its the upper part of my jaw that seems to be aching? I'm going mad right now all I can think of is some deathly sinus infection, or brain tumor.

I am aware that it could be from tense muscles, eye strain and a load of other benign things but my mind is being so stubborn right now :(

My anxiety right now is so bad. Someone talk some sense into me

Mrs Panda
23-07-14, 08:32
Hi. I often find that headaches at the back of my head are caused by tension in the neck and shoulders, usually from sleeping on a lousy pillow or just tense muscles from anxiety.

I know it's hard to think rationally when you are dealing with anxiety. Do you think this could be what may be causing your headache?

Brixcx
23-07-14, 08:38
Well yea I think that could be it I have a lousy pillow i like to sleep on and i think it could be the problem. Thing is not only can the pain be at the back of my head but at the top as well. And it usually bothers my upper jaw too like i mentioned. :(

anxiousems
23-07-14, 09:04
i get something similar, and i think it is from being crazily tense but not really knowing it as it can be hard to relax! i grind my teeth, press them together really hard without even knowing im doing it, and theres your neck of course, and it can be really painful after a bit! or another random thing that may not apply, but MSG also causes me to have these pains

RaverNeko
23-07-14, 20:26
You'd be really surprised at what your neck can do to your head. If it's stiff/sore (often times I notice you don't really FEEL the stiffness itself, but it's in some deep muscles in your neck), it can cause a plethora of symptoms like headaches and even some dizziness in of itself. Also, I'd recommend using this (https://workthedream.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/painscale.jpg) pain-scale to accurately see how much you're hurting. I found that mine was, to be honest, a two or maybe a three even though I thought it was much worse, :/

You also mentioned your jaw. Do you clench your teeth a lot? You'd be surprised that people won't often notice they're doing it, but when in fact they are.

Hopefully that helps!

Dolphin8808
23-07-14, 20:33
I went through the same fear and scare! Horrible I know. I knew my eyes, posture, medications, lack of sunglasses, working out, hormones, etc alllll could cause it but my mind went right to a tumor as well. I am getting a pulse in my ear, so of course I think there is a tumor up against my ear somehow.

I understand the fear!!!

Fishmanpa
23-07-14, 21:00
Of all the people in the world (6+ Billion), less than .01% get a brain tumor and only 1/3 of them are malignant. You have a better chance of being hit by lightning or winning the lottery. Go buy some tickets! ;)

Positive thoughts

Brixcx
23-07-14, 21:09
You'd be really surprised at what your neck can do to your head. If it's stiff/sore (often times I notice you don't really FEEL the stiffness itself, but it's in some deep muscles in your neck), it can cause a plethora of symptoms like headaches and even some dizziness in of itself. Also, I'd recommend using this (https://workthedream.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/painscale.jpg) pain-scale to accurately see how much you're hurting. I found that mine was, to be honest, a two or maybe a three even though I thought it was much worse, :/

You also mentioned your jaw. Do you clench your teeth a lot? You'd be surprised that people won't often notice they're doing it, but when in fact they are.

Hopefully that helps!

I checked the link out and my pain is probably a 3 or 4. It probably is my neck since its always cracking, plus the pain did start out on my neck. And yea I noticed way before this started happening that I do clench my teeth.

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

Of all the people in the world (6+ Billion), less than .01% get a brain tumor and only 1/3 of them are malignant. You have a better chance of being hit by lightning or winning the lottery. Go buy some tickets! ;)

Positive thoughts

This reassures me a lot! Haha i'd buy some but I'm not 18 yet

RaverNeko
23-07-14, 21:20

Positive thoughts

As someone with the same recent fears as OP, this actually makes me feel quite better as well!

I checked the link out and my pain is probably a 3 or 4. It probably is my neck since its always cracking, plus the pain did start out on my neck. And yea I noticed way before this started happening that I do clench my teeth.

My neck does the same thing bud, it really sucks. Do you notice you're slouched over the computer a lot? I actually noticed myself doing it right when I was beginning to reply to your message. My doctor recommended for me to go to the gym and that actually helped quite a bit, so maybe it'll do the same for you! As for your teeth clenching, can you buy one of those sleeping mouth guards and see if that helps? I haven't tested it out personally, but it's always an option! :)

I went through the same fear and scare! Horrible I know. I knew my eyes, posture, medications, lack of sunglasses, working out, hormones, etc alllll could cause it but my mind went right to a tumor as well. I am getting a pulse in my ear, so of course I think there is a tumor up against my ear somehow.

I understand the fear!!!

Isn't it amazing on how our minds will jump to the worst possible thing, despite a lot of evidence to the contrary? I still get the fears all the time and it's terrible, but we just gotta keep on trucking, haha!

luc
23-07-14, 21:40
When your in the grip of fear being rational is not easy so I will try to be for you. Your symptoms sound like top of the list ....tension followed by one hundred other things ...... and there at the bottom of the list brain tumor !!!!! You need to re focus your thoughts to something more likely. What if I said that that today the likelihood of you having a brain tumor or something catastrophic is mini,mini,miniscule (cannot think of a better word ha!). Focus on this and keep focusing on this, try your hardest to relax and If things are the same in two weeks see the doctor with your concerns. Or you could google, google some more, whip yourself into a frenzy and spend the next few days weeks giving your life to that mimi,mini,miniscule likelihood. I hope this does not sound harsh as I really understand how you feel and I understand that you may bypass this post for a reply that may discuss your symptoms and reassure you. I wish I could have seen this and registered this mindset 11 years ago.

Lucia:hugs:

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

Oh all my time typing FMP has quantified my waffle but that is exactly what I meant.

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

Oh I have just read that you are not yet 18. That mini,mini,miniscule is now Tennyson,teeny,teeny,tennyweeny:winks:

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

Don't know how Tenneyson got there!!!!!!'

Brixcx
23-07-14, 21:48
When your in the grip of fear being rational is not easy so I will try to be for you. Your symptoms sound like top of the list ....tension followed by one hundred other things ...... and there at the bottom of the list brain tumor !!!!! You need to re focus your thoughts to something more likely. What if I said that that today the likelihood of you having a brain tumor or something catastrophic is mini,mini,miniscule (cannot think of a better word ha!). Focus on this and keep focusing on this, try your hardest to relax and If things are the same in two weeks see the doctor with your concerns. Or you could google, google some more, whip yourself into a frenzy and spend the next few days weeks giving your life to that mimi,mini,miniscule likelihood. I hope this does not sound harsh as I really understand how you feel and I understand that you may bypass this post for a reply that may discuss your symptoms and reassure you. I wish I could have seen this and registered this mindset 11 years ago.

Lucia:hugs:

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

Oh all my time typing FMP has quantified my waffle but that is exactly what I meant.

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

Oh I have just read that you are not yet 18. That mini,mini,miniscule is now Tennyson,teeny,teeny,tennyweeny:winks:

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

Don't know how Tenneyson got there!!!!!!'

Yea I'm not 18 yet! And no it wasn't harsh at all thank you for that. It actually makes me feel a lot better that others understand what I'm going through :)

Fishmanpa
23-07-14, 21:59
That mini,mini,miniscule is now Tennyson,teeny,teeny,tennyweeny:winks:

As teeny as a flea on an elephant ;)

Positive thoughts

UKmamainUS
23-07-14, 22:03
I'm going I get you have anxiety, clench your teeth, and have some TMJ disorder going on.

Brixcx
23-07-14, 22:05
Oh and RaverNeko yes I sort of do slouch, Especially since I'm always on my phone. I'll probably be visiting my doctor on friday and I'll see if she recommends mouth guards anyways thanks!

luc
23-07-14, 22:26
Your Welcome and we really understand what you are going through - you are not alone.
Like it FMP! We can save the flees poo for someone who presents with toe nail cancer:winks:

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Oh I am really sorry, I have just seen a post about toe cancer. I had not read this so no offence intended.

Lucia