PDA

View Full Version : david jones56

david jones 56
23-07-14, 10:18
i suffer severely from agrphobia and depression can i claim dla can anyone help david56

nomorepanic
23-07-14, 11:06
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

kirsty74
23-07-14, 12:05
You can put in a claim for PIP but it will take ages-they received my form in early March and have only just decided I can have an appt to be assessed, except they want me to go to a centre half an hours drive away and I too am agoraphobic. I haven't actually been given an appt yet, but I am allowed one!! He said it could be another 6 months before I get an appy-although he also said September, which would be 6 weeks, so I'm hoping he just got himself confused.

They won't do a home visit and apparently they decided this by my answers on the form. My answer said that I can go to local places up to 10 minutes away for around 30mins. Thw assessment is 30mins cab ride away (on a good traffic day) and I have no idea how long the actual appt will last.

I'm wondering if they will just wait for me to get there, ignore the tough time I've had getting there, so that they can say I'm not agoraphobic enough!!

Sorry for the rather negative post, but I think it's important to know what it's like when you apply for these things....better to know what to expect!!

Give it a go and good luck.

MidnightCalm
23-07-14, 13:21
Hi, I suffer from the same and I get ESA and have been for well over a year now. There are benefits out there for people like us but they're becoming very picky I heard and I'm always having to chase mine up because they don't understand that if you are agoraphobic that you can't get to office interviews or to medical places 10 miles away so they can analyse you.