PDA

View Full Version : Hello

briandel
23-07-14, 17:34
Hello all and thanks for a very unique and informational site. My name is Brian and I have unknowingly been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks for a while now. Until recently I would just push such notions aside and contribute such feelings as stress or another bad day. I have been treated for depression over the years and have tried just about every drug under the sun. Seems the side effects were always worse then the symptoms, and I would end up feeling worse. I am 53 and about a month ago I experienced a state of hopelessness that I ended me up at the psychiatrist. I have been on Zoloft 50mg once daily for a month, and Zanax when needed. Nothing seems to help and once again the side effects of the meds are taking their toll. I now have anxiety attacks daily and have been forced to take time off of work. I feel helpless and afraid and fear I may lose my job and medical benefits. I have great support from my wife, but it seems so hopeless at this point.

venusbluejeans
23-07-14, 21:31
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

briandel
24-07-14, 15:12
Thanks

PhilShackleford
27-07-14, 16:21
Welcome to the site Brian, I hope it helps you and you find some great advice.

LadyA
27-07-14, 20:06
I'm sorry to hear about all of that. I hope you can find some help here.

There's an app I use on Android called Stop Panic & Anxiety that has helped me tremendously. If you have a smart phone I highly suggest it.

aprilmoon
27-07-14, 20:22
Hi Brian
If its any comfort,I was in a very similar situation to yours a few months back,and although it took quite a lot of tweaking with meds,and hard work ie,talking it out,and reaching out to all the different avanues I could,I am in a much better place now.
A month isn't very long for meds to really do their stuff,although it feels like it at the time.
The best advice I can give,is to keep seeing the psychiatrist, and be as open and honest as you can with them,and push for any other help they can offer,such as CBT.
There is a way through this,even if its difficult to see it now,and you can get better.