PDA

View Full Version : really panicking over tingly face

julia
23-07-14, 18:08
Help!! I'm really panicking had tingly face suddenly yesterday ans now got it again today and in parts of hand just read that can be ms now really upset scared and worried

nomorepanic
23-07-14, 18:15
Have a read of the symptoms website page on the left - there is a bit about tingling in there

julia
23-07-14, 18:25
Doesn't it say hands and feet though mines mainly face I just want to cry I'm so scared

Fishmanpa
23-07-14, 19:22
Numbness or tingling in hands and feet

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.

What causes this:

Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.
Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.
Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It's nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.

Positive thoughts

julia
24-07-14, 09:40
Thank you I was so wound up fishmanga I didn't see the face Part ,thank you

anthrokid
27-07-14, 06:08
Fishmanpa is right, overstimulation of the nervous system is related with anxiety, and this can definitely lead to those awful tingling and numb sensations people get. This is because people with anxiety have a very 'hypervigilant' body - alert to every single sensation that most people don't even notice.

Similarly, anxiety can cause hyperventilation (over-breathing). Many anxiety sufferers actually hyperventilate very often without realising they are doing so. Sometimes hyperventilation becomes a normal breathing pattern. This isn't particularly bad, but it can increase anxiety and work in a bit of a circle. Not only that, but it can actually cause tingling sensations and numbness in the face, lips, fingers and toes. When you get the sensations perhaps try slowing down your breathing and taking some deep breaths. I know this is much easier said than done though, haha! Try and breathe in for a count of 7 seconds and out for a count of 5 seconds. This might be really difficult at first because your body may be used to breathing a lot faster (hyperventilating). But just give it a bit of practice every day and you'll be able to work on a more relaxed breathing pattern which may help you feel more relaxed. It'll also help reduce that tingling and numbness if it is associated with hyperventilation.