PDA

View Full Version : Heat Wave & HA

dirtyglitter
24-07-14, 19:55
Hi All,

I'm new here, so apologies if I do something wrong :blush:

Currently, in the UK, were in a heat wave... Eugh!

So the other day, I (stupidly), walked a mile in the burning heat, & sadly got heat exhaustion.

Since then I've been sapped out, & panicked, thinking I'm dying as I'm so exhausted... I had a nap earlier, & awoke with my hand on my wrist, checking my pulse... in my sleep?!!

Does anyone else find the heat makes their HA worse?...

Ruby13
24-07-14, 20:14
In a word.....Yes, this heat does not help.

crystal17
24-07-14, 20:23
Yes I am a thousand times more anxious/worried/irritable/paranoid in the heat.

Lucy1234
24-07-14, 20:27
I totally agree, I work in a ridiculously hot building.

I've been dehydrated, then worried that was something more serious, then went to the doctor, had high blood pressure, turned out to be whitecoat syndrome... In other words, bring back normal temperatures please!

spuder
24-07-14, 22:46
Yes I am a thousand times more anxious/worried/irritable/paranoid in the heat.

Yep agree with that the heats horrible u can't sleep u dont wanna cook clean

TanyaL
26-07-14, 05:51
As long as you drink plenty and stay in the shade the heat is safe.....take it from me...I live in Queensland Australia :-)

Justinf
26-07-14, 06:36
Just out of interest, what temps constitute a heatwave in the UK?

Brunette
26-07-14, 07:40
I'm pretty sure you didn't get heat exhaustion from walking a mile unless you are very unfit or unhealthy but it can be very uncomfortable especially if you suffer from anxiety. Try to stay indoors during the hottest part pf the day and drink plenty of water.

Justin: anything above about 25c is classed as a heatwave in the UK. Most of us don't have aircon in our homes because hot summers aren't guaranteed. That's why it can be so uncomfortable. It also makes it difficult to sleep.

Justinf
26-07-14, 08:24
Justin: anything above about 25c is classed as a heatwave in the UK. Most of us don't have aircon in our homes because hot summers aren't guaranteed. That's why it can be so uncomfortable. It also makes it difficult to sleep.

Oh, I wasn't having a go at anyone. I spent two summers in London and the humidity made a 28 degree day unbearable. Here in southern Oz, we get 35 degrees regularly but it's dry. Hot but bearable.

Dedre88
26-07-14, 11:14
I've posted separately about my tight chest and breathing issues. I'm hoping it's related to hot weather and living in London. Symptoms did come on after a week out in the country so think hot weather and air pollution can cause a few issues.

That said, in the winter my muscles twitch more and stiffen up in cold which can cause HAissues too!

Magic
26-07-14, 16:33
Yes. I have just walked for 25 mins from the getting off the bus to where I live.
No shade whatsoever. Had a cold drink and am back to normal.
Oh! the exhaustion was awful for a while thoughx

Brunette
26-07-14, 18:47
Oh, I wasn't having a go at anyone. I spent two summers in London and the humidity made a 28 degree day unbearable. Here in southern Oz, we get 35 degrees regularly but it's dry. Hot but bearable.

No, I didn't think you were but just thought that you are probably used to it being much hotter and think it was a bit strange that we seem so intolerant.

The longer is goes on the more you do actually get used to it - unless you travel by tube!