PDA

View Full Version : Question about blood tests

Raaawr
24-07-14, 20:29
So I ended up in an emergency room last Monday night. ER doctor suspected I might have had a blood clot in my right calf. Anyway he rushed blood tests through and told me blood tests were absolutely normal and there was no sign of a clot. He warned me if anything gets worse to come back to him.

Since then nothing has gotten worse and I meant to ask him a few questions about the blood tests and how he could ascertain that information with a blood tests. I've since googled it and read up about it but I'm still amazed that a simple blood test was all that was needed.

When they do take your blood in these situations. Do they test for everything or just what they are looking for?

I read an article about an 18 year old male who died from a blood clot after playing games for 12 hours straight. I do that a lot. Well not anymore, not since this happened. Of course there could be loads of factors not reported, like of he was overweight and smoked etc. still it has me all pretty freaked again.

nomorepanic
24-07-14, 20:38
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

wabbit1
24-07-14, 23:39
Hi, doctors will only test for problems related to your symptoms. There are probably an infinite number of different blood tests so there is no way they could test for everything.

The doctor is the professional and he does know what he is doing. Take some comfort in his diagnosis and the fact that it is not getting worse.

If you're still concerned or want answers could you go see your GP?