PDA

View Full Version : Have I got anxiety?

Rannick
25-07-14, 00:05
Hey guys nice to meet you all, I'm new to this site and from what I've read it seems like a nice place.
Not so long ago a family member of mine who I was extremely close to passed away due to a blood clot in their chest/heart and about a week ago I've felt different.
My chest started getting tight, my throat started getting tight and my heart was beating quicker than normal like I could feel it. I've had a couple of panic attacks/anxiety attacks about the tightness in my chest and I'm worried I've got a clot in my chest or something. I went to the doctor and he tested the sounds in my chest and heart and said it was all fine. When I got back I started to feel a little bit better but not 100% and now tonight my chest has started feeling tight again and my throat and I'm just a little bit worried. It also started at a time where I began to quit smoking and happened straight away as I quit, I managed 2 days before I got too bad and just started again. I feel that I just can't get the worry that something's wrong out of my head.

I was curious on other peoples experiences with these sort of symptoms and would love to hear from any of you.

Thanks a lot! :)

Carnation
25-07-14, 00:41
Hello Rannick, a death or serious illness in the family can bring on Anxiety. (It's a sort of wake-up call to the brain.) It doesn't necessarily mean you will have full blown Anxiety, but can trigger some feelings. If you get worse or feel really bad, make an appointment to see the Doctor. They can check your blood pressure and do a blood test to check your health to put your mind at rest.

Rannick
25-07-14, 00:46
Hello Rannick, a death or serious illness in the family can bring on Anxiety. (It's a sort of wake-up call to the brain.) It doesn't necessarily mean you will have full blown Anxiety, but can trigger some feelings. If you get worse or feel really bad, make an appointment to see the Doctor. They can check your blood pressure and do a blood test to check your health to put your mind at rest.

Hey thanks for the reply, he did check my blood pressure and said it was completely fine.

Carnation
25-07-14, 01:00
That's good news. See how you feel tomorrow, but it is quite normal to get panicky after someone's death or bad illness. You get a sort of jerk reaction and panic that something is going to happen to you or another close relative. Sometimes it affects us this way.