PDA

View Full Version : Sleep problems

David_2219
25-07-14, 04:14
Would really appreciate some advice here I really don't what to do next...

Have been struggling to sleep for on and off two months now. This has set off some pretty horrific anxiety too. GP prescribed amitriptyline 50mg for night time with some success but some nights I can still lie awake all night....I can be relaxed and comfortable but the switch won't go. Some nights I take zopiclone too but still no sleep.

Traditionally I'm not a bad sleeper getting about 7 to 8 hours until recently (so I'm not a insomniac historically) and never been through this before it's driving me mad and I really don't know what to do.

GP wants me to go on to lustral 50mg for longer term anxiety but worried this will makes things worse in the meantime.

Only two weeks ago I was sleeping soundly again on just amitriptyline and back to normal but now I'm right back to square one.

Would really like some advice from fellow sufferers.....

Anon123
25-07-14, 15:47
Hey, I suffer with depression and anxiety and have had sleep problems too, so I understand what your going through. I am on 50mg lustral ( known as sertraline) and I did find in the first few days that it did cause me some sleep problems but by taking it in the morning it really helped with this side effect. This is the only side effects I've had, and it has helped ease my anxiety long term as well as lessening the panic attacks I was suffering. I haven't been on the other medication you have been on, but I am still struggling with sleep at the moment too. Try apps like smiling mind which help you relax before sleeping, as they may help to distract you and cutting out caffine has both helped with my sleeping an anxiety. Hopefully you start feeling better soon, and hopefully things start improving for you :)

Lucinda07
25-07-14, 16:06
Exercise can help.
Also having a hot bath & going to bed immediately afterwards can help you drop off.

spuder
25-07-14, 18:09
I am having trouble sleeping too it's been 6 days now with just an hr sleep it's getting me down I've just brought sum kalms sleep tabs can't wait to try them hope they work