PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas

LadyA
25-07-14, 06:13
Hi guys.

I have anxiety and panic revolving around cardiophobia and fear of death. I'm here for the help. I was on ativan for about a month and a half and went through two other meds before I decided to drop them and use strictly CBT and exercise.

I'm here for the support. Life is getting better slowly but is still pretty miserable. I've lived with this disorder for seven months and only have just started to accept it as panic and not something 'else'.

unfitwellhappy
25-07-14, 13:04
Ello LadyA!

Welcome to NMP! You will get lots of support here :)

Andy

xBettyBoopx
26-07-14, 01:38
Hi LadyA and :welcome: to NMP. You will get lots of help here but you sound like you're not doing so bad on your own:winks:

How's Texas? How hot is it there?

Els

SADnomore
26-07-14, 04:43
Hi, LadyA! Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your breakthroughs. I hear wonderful things about CBT :D And it's great that you have found this forum now; I just know you are already feeling you are amongst friends! :hugs:
Marie

HalfJack
26-07-14, 04:59
Hello! sounds like you're making good progress :)

Toniandhollie
26-07-14, 13:47
Good luck, keep up the good work with the CBT, it has definately helped my daughter , she made it into school for 4 days this last two weeks, and had good days when she got there too ... no phone calls to me from the toilets :)

LadyA
27-07-14, 14:22
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I actually had one really anxiety free day last week and it was wonderful. I seem to alternate good and bad days now which is better than it used to be.

As I'm healing I'm starting to get new 'symptoms', for instance for two days now my foot and calf keep going numb, and sometimes my hands feel retarded and won't listen to me lol. I keep trying to tell myself this is just panic. It's just hard when everything feels scary and real.

CBT has done more for me than drugs ever did, and faster, but it's no easy road to take. It's such hard work, and wears me out. I just want to relax!

PhilShackleford
27-07-14, 16:13
Hello LadyA!

I'm also new to the forum, great to meet you.

Phil

LadyA
27-07-14, 20:04
Nice to meet you too! :)