PDA

View Full Version : Hot flushes

Sam100322
25-07-14, 14:36
I tend to get random hot flushes during the day, they come on out of nowhere and I'd sweat loads. I'm a bloke so having hot flushes is weird lol does anyone else get this?

Tessar
25-07-14, 22:02
Hi Sam. I just looked this up & it is entirely possible (as of course u know) for men to have hot flushes. Do you mind me asking roughly what age you are? I am no expert of course but I do sympathise as I get these because I am in peri-menopause. At the moment with hpthe heatwave, I have really been suffering.

anneyauster
02-09-14, 13:05
Hot flashes are feelings or warmth that spread over the body and last from 30 seconds to a few minutes. Hot flashes are a characteristic symptom of the menopausal transition in women but may occasionally result from other medical conditions.There are lots of supplements available in the market that actually work, <link removed> is one of them. It made up of all natural supplement that work on hot flashes and relieve all the symptoms of menopause.

pearljammer
02-09-14, 14:47
I tend to get random hot flushes during the day, they come on out of nowhere and I'd sweat loads. I'm a bloke so having hot flushes is weird lol does anyone else get this?

oh my, this is how my anxiety begun. from the age of 15 til around a year ago (im 33) I had the same thing happen to me. Even now, it happens but no as often. Id say it happened every day for 18 years :(. my face would just go bright red, my cheeks, side of my nose especially. it ruined my life. It stopped me from doing all sorts, travelling, joining the police, talking to people.
Because it happened everyday, I knew it was coming and it made it worse. waiting for interviews, waiting rooms, social events, important meeting, BANG red cheeks. All a state of mind. Lately I just cant be bothered thinking about it, and as a result it doesn't happen a lot. I developed bdd from this and anxiety...looking back I shouldn't have let it stop me from doing all the things I wanted to do. all a state of mind.
I researched rosacea, similar symptoms..they tell you to avoid........curry, alcohol, smoking, too much exercise, hot drinks, hot/cold weather...cant live your life like that!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

oh my, this is how my anxiety begun. from the age of 15 til around a year ago (im 33) I had the same thing happen to me. Even now, it happens but no as often. Id say it happened every day for 18 years :(. my face would just go bright red, my cheeks, side of my nose especially. it ruined my life. It stopped me from doing all sorts, travelling, joining the police, talking to people.
Because it happened everyday, I knew it was coming and it made it worse. waiting for interviews, waiting rooms, social events, important meeting, BANG red cheeks. All a state of mind. Lately I just cant be bothered thinking about it, and as a result it doesn't happen a lot. I developed bdd from this and anxiety...looking back I shouldn't have let it stop me from doing all the things I wanted to do. all a state of mind.
I researched rosacea, similar symptoms..they tell you to avoid........curry, alcohol, smoking, too much exercise, hot drinks, hot/cold weather...cant live your life like that!!!!!!!!

Im a bloke too:wacko:

Soph18
02-09-14, 15:44
I am the same. I just sit here and get random hot flushes. It can be to do with anxiety because when your stressing and worried your heart beats faster making your body warmer. Do you sometimes gwt blurred vision at the same time?

Sam100322
02-09-14, 18:47
Yes I get blurred vision I hate it makes me feel Ill :-(

pearljammer
03-09-14, 12:31
how long has it been happening Sam?