PDA

View Full Version : Happy after holiday!

meche
25-07-14, 17:00
:) I've just returned from the most amazing holiday in Corfu. 2 weeks of hot sunshine, swimming in crystal clear water, sunbathing, cocktails, eating out, exploring the island (& others), relaxation & most all all laughter :).

A few weeks beforehand I could feel myself stressing out and my old symptoms returning. My problem is that I'm a natural overthinker and my brain never switches off. It's a horrible thing and although I don't convince myself I have terminal illnesses anymore - I do still have 'what if' moments :wacko:! At my very worst I've had MS & brain tumours but a few years on they seem to have cured themselves because I am still of this earth! Crazy eh!

So within a day of being away, ALL my symptoms disappeared. No aches, pains, headaches, that nervousness in the pit of my tummy went away, and more importantly my mind felt calm & relaxed - the most it's been all year. I've been back for 4 days and I'm still feeling great. I'm hoping it stays that way. I have a wedding tomorrow & I'm off to Blackpool for a hen weekend in a few weeks so I have lots to look forward to. Oh - and I'm about to book my next holiday to Jamaica!

If any of you guys are going away this year, enjoy it! It's amazing how a complete change of scene can have a positive effect. :):yesyes::):yesyes:
xx

MotherofDragons
25-07-14, 17:40
That is great! I noticed back in April my symptoms all but disappeared when I was on vacation. Going on a trip soon and looking forward to another reprieve. :)

Fishmanpa
25-07-14, 18:19
That sounds wonderful! I need a vacation like that! Glad you had a good time :)

The last part of your post is very valuable in that it proves that it's all in the mind. A day away and all your physical symptoms disappeared. Can't beat that! Now, if you can can that and make it work in everyday life, you've got the Dragon beat!

Positive thoughts

Annie0904
25-07-14, 21:26
Meche I am so pleased to read your positive post :) Well done to you!! I am excited for you with all the new things you are planning :)

meche
25-07-14, 21:40
Thanks guys. I absolutely know it is all in my mind & my stresses & worries are caused purely by my own hand. I bring it on myself. I've always known that but occassionally things get on top of me & anxiety creeps up on me without realising! That's why it's important for me to have things to look forward to. When I'm inactive I get bored, when I'm bored I overthink, when I overthink I get stressed & anxious...... & so on! It's not always easy but I'm getting there. I'm lucky that my anxiety doesn't restrict me. Compared to others on this site, my anxiety is mild. For that I'm grateful! XX

Tessar
25-07-14, 21:57
Brilliant meche.

amber2k13a
25-07-14, 22:15
Ahhhhh, so that's what I need :-) I wonder if my doctor will prescribe and pay for one ? ;-) seriously though I'm very happy for you! I think sometimes getting away from all the stresses really puts your mind at rest.