PDA

View Full Version : 11 years of panic disorder

fallingstar
25-07-14, 18:55
Hi, everyone. I have been living with panic disorder knowingly since 19 years old, and definitely before that, however I was unaware before 19.
I am 28 years old now and turning 29 in December so that is almost 11 years of panic attack hell. Hopefully that gives others hope.... that it is possible even with almost daily and reoccurring daily panic attacks, it's still livable and you can still enjoy life. :yesyes::shades:

I'm joining this forum as I had stopped xanax about 3 weeks ago. More panic attacks now and agitation and anxiety. I feel better in the long run, not having to remember to take it or worry about running out, however when an attack comes on, having to deal with it in ways other than swallowing a magic pill stresses me out even further.
I used to belong to a forum for anxiety from ages 20-24. That forum shut down and now it's just an information hub. So here I am, needing a new group of familiar experienced people to talk to.... the talking helps on the really bad days.

Over time I will share more about myself. For now, here's this: :roflmao:
I like hiking, just started a fitness routine at home last week. I have dreads down past my shoulders, natural red head!, I love taking photos and going to the beach, gardening vegetables and visiting arboretums and gardens and parks. I'm a vegetarian. I used to skateboard a lot and surf (before my anxiety really came back at me again in the last few years). I go to school and am almost done in about a year or year and a half... I learn about fabricating and dispensing eyeglasses to get my optician's license. That's it for now.

Stuz
25-07-14, 21:59
welcome! :)

aprilmoon
25-07-14, 22:11
Hi and welcome :)

cess
26-07-14, 00:10
hey am only 25 and had the panic for years all I can say is it gets you down soo much but try and look to the future I make my plan to go to the us one day xxx

fallingstar
06-08-14, 20:02
Cess, I'm sorry that you're so young and have the same issues! It feels like you're being robbed of a normal life sometimes. I don't think that way anymore. I think of the things that are good that I have and I try to ignore the bad which in my case is the panic disorder. Thanks.