PDA

View Full Version : Tight chest

Dedre88
25-07-14, 22:42
Hi all,

Had a few HA issues over the years. Having a bit of one at the minute relating to breathing / right chest. I've had it for about 5 days and plan to see doctor if it's not better after a week or so, but in meantime want to see of anyone here as any similar experiences...

It started last Sunday when I had a feeling of not getting enough oxygen when I was asleep. I've had this before (often when I fall asleep with window shut) so wasn't too bothered initially. However, I also started to notice my breathing felt a little a bit forced. I started to focus on it and of course it got worse, or at least seemed too. Anyway, now I'm starting to notice a bit of breathlessness after getting up quickly. I've also had the odd twinge in my chest (both sides and in no particular area, I'm trying to pass this off as nothing but getting a little concerned.

I'm hoping it's a cold or a chest infection, but to be honest aside from the above I don't feel under the weather or with excessive coughing as I would expect with cold / chest infection.

I'm 26, male and live in London.

Has anyone had anything like this before? Also, I know it's been quite humid, smoggy in London lately - anyone here live in a big city which has caused similar issues to the above?

Thanks all.

MRS STRESS ED
25-07-14, 23:26
Hi I dont live in a big city but I know this weather always makes me feel like I cant breath its scarey and I know its just my head telling me I cant otherwise I wouldnt be here lol ,its sounds like you could have a summer cold aswell there is alot of it about try not to worry to much im sure it will pass xx

Dedre88
26-07-14, 17:49
Thanks Mrs Stress.

kimkitson77
26-07-14, 19:13
Im having the exact same symptoms. Ive been and had all the breathing tests done and its all ok but I just feel so breathless. Constantly taking deep breaths and yawning none stop x

dorabella
26-07-14, 20:05
Having exactly those feelings at the moment. I live in London and the humidity today is most oppressive - the air feels 'thick'.

There is nothing worse than breathing in warm air - it dries up your nasal passages and you cannot 'feel' the air going in. Give it a couple more hours and it will start to cool down and you'll feel easier. I find that the strong menthol Locket sweets are invaluable on days like these - they open up your nose and I find them strangely calming.

Dedre88
27-07-14, 08:38
Sorry to hear you've got same issues, but it's comforting to know I'm not alone. The heat is getting unbearable, we also live in a very well insulated flat that happens to be on the ground floor, so we have to keep the windows shut at night!

Hopefully it will cool off soon, although autumn seems a long way away!

Hope your issues clear up ASAP.