PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep, crying scared I have cervical cancer

Littlemisssunshine10
26-07-14, 01:43
So as the title says I am scared I have cervical cancer, all I have been reading and seeing is how young girls in 20s are dying of undiagnosed cervical cancer. I've been to the doctors a lot recently due to abdominal pain , lower back ache, periods not regular since birth of my son, sorry for tmi but I have started getting brown discharge but I am due on now by my periods since having baby are all over the place & pain when having sex (which I had
For 9pntjs and assed it's from birth) last night I googled away, I read forums about cervical cancer and how it went undiagnosed and how it become terminal & of all of peoples aumpts I am so scared I can't sleep, I can't stop crying. My partner wants to take me engagemt ring shopping tomorrow but I keep crying of the thought I have it and I'm dying, I can't let anyone be around my son with our me as I think I won't see him grow up, I having horrible thoughts and imaging my self ill I'm hospital dying. If anyone can help me please do as it's ruining my life I have a big weekend with friends I should be happy but aswys it's being ruined. I don't want to die I have my son. & now having a panic attack

Justinf
26-07-14, 05:10
What has your GP told you about your symptoms?
You are doing the right thing by getting it checked out. When was your last pap smear and what were the results?

Littlemisssunshine10
26-07-14, 05:30
She said to leave it a week. I'm
24 tomorrow so never had one. X

Justinf
26-07-14, 05:35
She said to leave it a week. I'm
24 tomorrow so never had one. X
You should have them every year after you are sexually active.
I am sure that if your GP suspected anything bad, she would have sent you off for testing immediately.

Littlemisssunshine10
26-07-14, 05:45
In the uk they don't let u have them until your 25. And then it's every 2 or 3 years I believe. I have an ultra sound today on my lower abdomin to see what the stomach cramps are but the brown stuff has only just started. I hope so because I am stressing out. X

Justinf
26-07-14, 05:57
Ok, I didn't realise that. here I think women have them earlier than that.
I am sure it will be fine. And of course if the worst happens, then early diagnosis is better.
But the scan will rule out anything sinister and then you will be OK. Not long to wait.

Brunette
26-07-14, 07:46
You can have a smear test at any age if your doctor thinks you should. I actually think your GP should have given you one - it's quick, it's simple and it can easily rule out anything
sinister.

Can you see another GP?