PDA

View Full Version : kidney cancer

Justinf
26-07-14, 04:54
Hi all,

I have been having mild pain in my right flank area and went to GP and he did a urine dipstick test which showed small traces of blood and protein in my urine. I am a 44 year old male.
He sent the urine off for more testing which revealed there was no bacterial infection and that there was presence of blood and protein. My blood pressure had risen from being a controlled 130/85 on medication to 140/90. I am overweight.
I had blood tests two weeks ago in preparation for surgery for an unrelated thing (lapband surgery in two weeks times) and my kidney function was normal for those and that I wasn't anaemic.
GP has said to repeat the urine test and to repeat the blood test for kidney function.
I am terrified it is kidney cancer. The pain is right where my right kidney would be. I have no history of kidney stones.
To top it off, I have a very small spot in my throat that has been sore for days and won't go away and a cough that has lingered from a virus I had a month ago. Stupid thinks the kidney cancer has metastised to the lungs and throat.
My wife, who is usually very supportive of my health anxiety has refused to have anything to do with it and to be honest I don't blame her.
I am turning to you guys.
please help. :scared11::sad:

PS: my mother (aged 63) died suddenly in January and the coroner's report said 'coronary and heat'. I am Australian and I was in the UK at the time she died and it was very hot where my mum was in Australia (mid 40s for five days straight).
To top it off, my dad (aged 65) was diagnosed with bowel cancer three months ago and is currently undergoing 10 weeks of intense chemo and radiation therapy. As a precaution for having a first degree relative with colon cancer, I had a colonoscopy a few weeks ago and was all clear.
As you can tell, 2014 has been a horrible year.

paul78
26-07-14, 05:35
I think ur kidney stone is come back. How many weeks you have sore throat and any other throat symptom you have?blood in urine may when ur stone rub ur kidney. So donot worry.

TanyaL
26-07-14, 05:44
My husband had kidney cancer......he was in excruciating pain prior to diagnosis. Certainly wasn't mild
Sounds like a urinary tract issue to me

Justinf
26-07-14, 05:51
I have never had kidney stones and the urine culture showed no signs of bacteria which pretty much rules out a UTI.
Sigh.

---------- Post added at 04:51 ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 ----------

I think ur kidney stone is come back. How many weeks you have sore throat and any other throat symptom you have?blood in urine may when ur stone rub ur kidney. So donot worry.Sore throat has been hanging around in a very specific spot for about five days. Thanks for the response.

---------- Post added at 04:51 ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 ----------

My husband had kidney cancer......he was in excruciating pain prior to diagnosis. Certainly wasn't mild
Sounds like a urinary tract issue to meIs your husband OK now? How old was he? I hope he has made a full recovery.

TanyaL
26-07-14, 06:10
He was just 35 at the time :( He's still on chemo until jan 2015. It was only given a 40% chance of survival so things have been tough. Especially with 3 small kids. One of the things we've heard since is that a common symptom of Kidney cancer is a sweaty / clammy forehead. My hubby had that for years in hindsight :(

paul78
26-07-14, 06:15
Is ur husban have cancer at his both kidneys?

TanyaL
26-07-14, 06:22
Hi Paul, no just the left.

Justinf
26-07-14, 06:28
He was just 35 at the time :( He's still on chemo until jan 2015. It was only given a 40% chance of survival so things have been tough. Especially with 3 small kids. One of the things we've heard since is that a common symptom of Kidney cancer is a sweaty / clammy forehead. My hubby had that for years in hindsight :(

35? Bloody hell.
Average age is 68, but I guess it can happen at any time.
I just hope I don't have it.