PDA

View Full Version : Warm throb in jaw/cheek/inner ear?

kimkelly
26-07-14, 10:11
Hi everyone!

I had a panic attack the other day due to this and ended up going to the A&E... again.

I've been having a migraine all week, and the other day I bumped my head (just standing up and into a cupboard door, typical). I didn't pass out or anything, and it wasn't that bad, so I didn't do anything about it, which is surprising considering I've freaked out over less.

A day later, I started getting this weird warm throb in my jaw/cheek area, perhaps inner ear? I also started tasting something really weird, so I took a taxi to the nearest hospital worried that it was something head related.

The doctor said the taste was actually a nasal drip caused by an infection, which makes sense because I've been sneezing a bit lately too. It's less runny now and more just your typical congested bother.

However, he said the throb was part of the migraine. But it doesn't sit right with me. There is no pain, and it's not particularly constant. It's just once in a while, a warm throb in that area. He did say there was a massive buildup of wax in my ears and I have had problems with my tinnitus lately. I will probably go and get a second opinion at some point, but I'd like to know if anyone has experienced this? Again, there's no pain. Just a disturbing warmth.