PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tried Buscopan?

wcb123
26-07-14, 14:17
Ive had GAD/HA for two years. Recently went on holiday and pciked up Gastrenteritis. Panic attacks alongside Stomach Flu and not being able to go to the toilet for a week was not fun!

Anyway, was given Buscopan to treat it and I have not felt so good in two years.

Perhaps i had undiagnosed ibs which was triggering the anxiety, i dont know, but wow.

Anyone else had success with Buscopan for anxiety purposes?

SADnomore
26-07-14, 19:37
Not for anxiety, but I have taken it for IBS-like symptoms and it still helps to stop "attacks" of stomach cramping and out-of-control acid reflux. I don't really have IBS, it turns out to have been food sensitivities after all. My digestion really struggles with soy, and also dairy, and it is when I eat these by accident (or forget), that I have flare ups. Therefore I don't take it every day, but I have taken a double dose when it is already flaring badly, and it works (although it may take longer)! I can imagine that it will help with anxiety on many fronts, particularly abdominal symptoms and resulting HA! Good luck with it!

aprilmoon
26-07-14, 20:00
Yes!!
I always keep some in my bag,along with some Gaviscon tablets.
I find this combo settles a nervous tummy,and helps things getting worse.
Wouldn't be without them

Mindknot
28-07-14, 14:09
Intrigued... haven't been diagnosed with IBS either, Dr suggested that stomach issues (lots of twitching/spasms in the guts) were down to hyperawareness caused by my anxiety, but I'm pretty sure that anxiety has just made them worse, as have had bowel discomfort for longer than the anxiety!

Got scared off buscopan by the notice that said your IBS should be medically confirmed before taking, but bought some colpermin peppermint oil tablets to see if they help at all, as it is driving me crazy...

wcb123
28-07-14, 17:52
Interesting to hear your responses guys.

I also had stomach issues before the anxiety.

Its been a few days since i posted, still on the Buscopan and no anxiety (except for a heavy head which i think was partly down to stopping the Omeprazole for my GERD, despite my doctors orders.). Before taking the buscopan I was having panic attacks at least every other day.

2 years since the anxierty started and im still not entirely convinced i have GAD. At least i don't think the doctors recognise that the issue stems from my stomach, which has always been a problem.

Not sure if you are aware of the 'gut brain connection'. Im not aloud to post links yet so google it.

Also ordered this for my stomach issues as my systoms are so similar to Candida. Reviews are really positive and its natural so worth a shot.

On Amazon search -
Total Candida Defence by Silvertown Health