PDA

View Full Version : Left Shoulder Tingling. Help!

Path
26-07-14, 16:18
I just got up a half hour or so ago and felt my left shoulder/upper arm tingling along with my right hand.

Yesterday I also felt my forehead throbbing (sometimes in sync with a slightly awkward pain in the left pectoral area) and my legs felt awkward last night if I had them bent too long.

The thing is, all of these can be attributed to other things. When I got up with the tingling sensation it also felt like I slept the wrong way on my left shoulder and caused poor blood circulation to that area (am I'm almost sure I've woken up feeling like this before though maybe not in that particular area). The throbbing feeling seems mostly due to feeling anxious and has happened at other parts of my body before. And the legs were likely because I haven't exercised much lately so they felt sore after I went for a long walk (plus I didn't stretch properly).

But put together and now I'm feeling anxious in a way that I haven't in a long time.

The first thing that pops into my head is something heart-related even though my doctor said after a recent checkup that I was in perfectly good condition (other than for slightly high cholesterol). Has anyone had this feeling before and how did you handle it?

Fishmanpa
26-07-14, 17:04
I would bet the farm you slept on it funny. I awoke with dead arm last night... very common and just a change of position alleviates it. Being you were cleared by a medical professional, it's the only explanation and not sinister in the least. And keep in mind, sometimes the feeling can last a bit even after circulation has returned to normal.

Positive thoughts