PDA

View Full Version : Scary Faces!

Carnation
26-07-14, 16:29
Does anyone see scary faces when they close there eyes at night?
It doesn't happen in a dream or nightmare, it is when I go to bed and just before I drop-off. They are people I know and their faces distort in to an ugly fashion and sometimes it as a complete stranger.
I don't know why this happens, it doesn't scare me, I just wanted to know if it was Anxiety related. Couldn't find a post on this, so I am a little anxious that I may be the only one that has experienced this.:ohmy:

crystal17
26-07-14, 17:03
Omg YES!!! I've had this on and off a few years now, its usually if I'm really tired and way past my usual sleep time, and its as I'm lying there trying to go to sleep. It's faces of my family, especially my son and they are all distorted and horrific looking! :ohmy: Sometimes the faces are grinning manically and laughing.

It always freaks me out but now I try to let it happen and just relax into it instead of fighting it out of my head and that seems to work as I just fall asleep. But I do know how you feel and how upsetting it is.

Carnation
26-07-14, 17:35
Crystal 17, you put it so much better than me. You have described it spot on. Mine is mainly my Family and to sum up their faces, it seems like I am at a Fairground at the distorted mirrors. And, Yes, it is when I am up late and very tired, had this also for a few years, but more so since I have had the Anxiety. I think I try to picture their faces and that is what happens, then when I try to stop doing it, they keep coming u as ugly faces; like you said, laughing, grinning, eyes bulging, stretched long faces and all distorted. Only lasts a few minutes, but seems ages. So glad I am not the only one.:ohmy:

crystal17
26-07-14, 18:06
Right, the fairground - thats exactly it! Yeah I've only had it since my anxiety started too. How weird. Also good to know I'm not the only one lol.

Carnation
26-07-14, 19:11
Just wanted say, I am not on any Meds, so this must be an Anxiety thing.:ohmy:

Carnation
26-07-14, 21:53
:shrug:Hi Raindrops, I looked that up and I don't have any sounds, colours or pictures. It is mainly my Family and only their faces. All distorted and the more I try to picture them as normal, the more crazy their faces become.

PanchoGoz
26-07-14, 22:53
Yeah I have this a lot, when my brain has indigestion. Had it a bit recently - faces changing from person to person then horrible like those ugly door knockers or gargoyles. Sometimes see corpse like things as well. Had de ja vu a lot too, possibly related. Brain farts

Tessar
26-07-14, 22:58
As it happens, carnation, I don't but I am glad you have found u aren't the only one that gets this. It probably does tie in with tiredness. For me, I usually have worse dreams when I am tired (or extremely repetitive & vivid ones if I am unwell). My dreams are nearly always very "involved". All sorts of random subjects, sometimes real people or places.... Other times just loads of things I have never seen or heard of before.
Do you ever get any nicer dreams? I do sometimes & they leave me more refreshed in the morning,

Carnation
26-07-14, 23:16
I am very pleased I have found out I am not alone on this one. It has been secretly bothering me for sometime. I don't really remember my dreams unless I wake up in the middle of one and then it is soon forgotten by the morning.
PanchoGoz described it perfectly as well; as 'Gargoyles'.

Carnation
02-08-14, 20:34
Strange, but since I have posted this thread, the scary faces have stopped.
I hope they stay away, but I'm not totally convinced.:unsure:

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

Yeh, I know it's only been 5 days!