PDA

View Full Version : really sturggling today..just panic after panic

mags1501
26-07-14, 18:22
I've basically had heartburn for around 6 weeks, I've been to see my dr who gets my HA. I've posted on here several times to try and reassure myself , which I know I shouldn't do. My GP prescribed omeprazole and after a couple of weeks of not a huge improvement gave me zantac again not a huge improvement so told me to stop taking them and see what happens. I still get mild heartburn and a sour taste in my mouth although when I am so panicked like today it seems to be there constantly.
I'm of course sure that I have stomach cancer and yes I goggled the symptons and heartburn was one of them. I've also lost about 9lbs in these 6 weeks but again my dr wasn't concerned in the slightest and said I was bound to as I've been watching what I eat and really have to force myself to eat as I have no appetite. I weighed myself this morning hoping to have gained some as I have been eating slighty more but I've lost another pound. I'm beside myself with worry
So sorry for the long post I just don't know who to talk to and I can't ring my dr until Monday and then I probably won't get an appointment for another 2/3 weeks. I don't know how to stop this awful cycle I'm in. I've been reading HA books and trying to take on board some of the strategies they use but it's only made me worse.

claireypoo
26-07-14, 18:59
I know how you feel. I am in a similar situation to you where I am so scared about my symptoms. Heartburn (burning in stomach) burping, occasional nausea, back and rib discomfort. I have Google and of course diagnosed myself with all kinds. Trying to stop googling and it is making my anxiety worse! One thing that helps me is how common with anxiety sufferers digestive problems are. My GP says we make extra acid when we are stressed, and if you've been stressed for a while you can become sensitive to it. Mine started all of a sudden so it freaked me out. I haven't had much in the way of stomach upset before. X Are you aware of your symptoms ALL of the time, or do they come and go? X

mags1501
26-07-14, 22:25
thanks for replying..i know deep down you are right but when have any of us with HA been rational about our thought!!!:D
My symptoms come and go however i get it every single day especially after eating. it's the first thing i think about when i wake up, so i'm totally stressed before i even get out of bed. i do find though if i chew gum after eating i don't get any and when i stop chewing after a while it comes back...very odd

claireypoo
26-07-14, 23:05
Mine comes and goes too. It is there most days, but I have had a few days since February with no symptoms at all! There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, sometimes I can drink even wine and be fine, the next day red meat and I'm a state, but another time I could ear a burger and be fine! The one thing that always makes it worse is anxiety. Terrible right now. :( It is really hard to stay rational. I am struggling with mine, tbh. I always think the worst. X Gaviscon advance is quite helpful to me. X

UKmamainUS
27-07-14, 04:46
I went to the ENT last week, convinced I must have throat cancer or something because my voice keeps cracking and I have to clear my throat constantly. Before even examining me she asked me if I get heartburn. I told her occasionally but not often. She told me I have acid reflux. Gave me a quick exam and sent me on my way with a pamphlet. I told my hubby the dx and he told me that actually I mention heartburn pretty much every day. Sometimes it's bad enough to take antacids and other times I ignore it and it goes away. Within two days I had narrowed the cause of my heartburn to coffee. Decaf or regular. Milk may also be a cause for me, but since the only time I drink milk is in my coffee, and I can't stand coffee without milk, it's really hard to know. Anti-inflammatries can also cause heartburn.