PDA

View Full Version : some good news :)

Toniandhollie
26-07-14, 19:04
I thought I'd share with you our good news. My daughter finished her CBT just over two weeks ago, and her goal (achievable and measurable) was to go to school as much as possible by the end of term (Wednesday). Well she went Monday and Friday of last week and Tuesday and Wednesday this week, and on time on Wednesday! Tuesday we had a massive hiccup due to school skirt being in the dirty wash basket - my fault, I'm sure I did a darks wash last weekend! but after tears a cuddle, some understanding on both sides - which by the way is much better from me thanks to all of you, she did get there for 11.

AND she dealt with things! No phone calls to me from the toilets, despite the fact her French teacher wouldn't give her a worksheet because she couldn't say if she would be in the next day or not! So all in all a brilliant two weeks - and considering she has only been 5 other times since Easter, I'm really proud of her ....

not out of the woods yet, but we are definately moving in the right direction .. happy sunny Saturday xx

aprilmoon
26-07-14, 19:57
That's great news
Well done :)

jefferina
26-07-14, 20:11
Brilliant news... It just takes baby steps... Goodluck to you both xx

xBettyBoopx
27-07-14, 00:26
This is good to hear x

SADnomore
27-07-14, 01:18
You both deserve congratulations! :bighug1:

Toniandhollie
27-07-14, 14:04
Thanks guys, I really think we can do this, she is so positive it is amazing, feels like I have my old Hollie back .. just got to get through the holidays, but we have plans,and I should be able to take a week off too.... feeling hopeful, gulp ;)

AnxietyDJ
28-07-14, 01:22
Yay, I'm so happy for you both - well done to your daughter for being so brave; I know how terrifying it can be to push yourself into situations like this... She has done fantastically well :)

Also, a big well done to you for being there to support her through all of this, as I said before, in reply to one of your other threads - if only all parents were like you!

Keep up the good work guys and remember, we're always here to chat and listen, if you need us!! :hugs:

angeldust
28-07-14, 01:28
Oh thats great news.I am so happy for her and you.I know what its like as a mom to worry about a daughter.keep smiling everything will be ok one day at a time:hugs:

Ryan92
28-07-14, 13:05
That's great news :)
I struggled with going to school, due to anxiety. Glad your daughters doing well :D
:hugs: best wishes

wabbit1
28-07-14, 13:27
That's great news, I'm so happy to hear that.

Toniandhollie
02-08-14, 17:26
Thankyou all, first full week of the holiday has gone well too, she's been amazing. I'm off the week after next, so hopefully that'll push her through this coming one .... I'm daring to hope :)

spuder
02-08-14, 17:36
Well done to your daughter fantastic keep up the good work

Tessar
02-08-14, 21:18
This is really great news and I am really pleased you have shared this too. CBT has helped me aspire to greater things and it sounds like it's going to do the same for your daughter.