PDA

View Full Version : Constantly worried

Hatie
26-07-14, 20:10
I'm new here and I just wanted to talk and/or vent about my problems with health anxiety. Although I have anxiety in a normal sense, I don't get panic attacks.
I am always ALWAYS worried about throwing up. I haven't actually some
So in years but I get very nauseous from my anxiety so as you can imagine,
It's a cycle of worry and fear. I've gone to many doctors and been on a couple
Of medications and nothing has really helped. It's very depressing and makes me feel uncomfortable and discouraged about my body most of the time.

crystal17
26-07-14, 22:17
Hi, that must be awful worrying about throwing up. Has your Dr ever offered you any talking therapy of any kind? Medications can help to an extent but I think they need to be combined with other things too, for some people they just mask the issues.

.Poppy.
26-07-14, 22:53
I absolutely hate throwing up. I hate the actual process, but what I hate even more is the anticipation and the feeling like you have to throw up. It triggers some of my worst panic attacks - I will hyperventilate and my hands and legs will become numb as a result, which just makes me feel worse.

Unfortunately, anxiety will often cause that nauseous feeling, making it kind of a viscous cycle. If you have the flu, there's not much that can be done to ward it off, but I have become quite good at managing it when I'm not physically ill. It really involves a lot of deep breaths and focusing your thoughts elsewhere. I really love dogs, so I'll go through the alphabet and name a breed for each letter. It sounds silly, but it works!

I wish you luck, I know how nasty this can be :(

Hatie
26-07-14, 23:26
Yes I have been to a few therapists and psychiatrists and although they have helped at the moment, it always comes back and I feel extremely trapped by my fear.