PDA

View Full Version : vision

md5299
19-12-06, 14:37
hi,any help appreciated.3 months ago i had an attack of vertigo,doctors said it was a virus and would clear up but after a week of not being able to walk or stand i improved enough to get out and about with difficulty.3 months down the line my balance has improved a lot although it is worse with my eyes shut,i am left with these strange eye symptoms,tired eyes,heavy eyes,floating,like as if you have had a drink or to too many(but not the same pleasant feeling).these symptoms seem to come and go,also lately if i blow my nose,sneeze,cough i go dizzy for a few seconds,this to sometimes is worse than others.i can do an hour a day on my treadmill and then lift weights for 20 minutes ok.i am in the midst of buying a new boat but am worried if i am going to be alright,thank you.mike

yorkylover
19-12-06, 15:09
Hi Mike it could be anxiety pet,you may have got anxious from when you had the virtigo.That makes you feel awfull.Good luck with the boat.;)

Ellen XX

tam
19-12-06, 16:43
hi mike definatley could be anxiety i suffered alot with dizzy and the feeling,like id had a drink and alot of the things you mention.maybe go and ask doctor again for advice.tc tracy

md5299
19-12-06, 17:21
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Mike it could be anxiety pet,you may have got anxious from when you had the virtigo.That makes you feel awfull.Good luck with the boat.;)

Ellen XX

<div align="right">Originally posted by ELLEN - 19 December 2006 : 15:09:44</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">Thank you for the reply Ellen,hope you have a nice xmas and good wishes for the new year,Mike

md5299
19-12-06, 17:25
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hi mike definatley could be anxiety i suffered alot with dizzy and the feeling,like id had a drink and alot of the things you mention.maybe go and ask doctor again for advice.tc tracy

<div align="right">Originally posted by tam - 19 December 2006 : 16:43:20</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">TY Tam,might be a bit of anxiety because it gets better then returns,anyhow thank you again,Mike. m xmas

keepemlaughing
19-12-06, 18:19
I have had similar symptoms. If I turn my head to the left side, I get dizzy sometimes. For a while I thought it was serious, now I have just grown used to it. As far as closing my eyes....I get dizzy with them wide open. I would never be able to pass a sobriety test, because my balance is completely wacked. I walk normal most of the time and then start leaning on occasion. It is hard to explain, but I swear I feel like one leg is shorter than the other. If I am walking I feel so uncoordinated and not at all graceful. I feel like an ugly duckling waiting to bloom!!![^]

Sheryl

Always expect a train.

Dex
19-12-06, 22:31
I have similar symptoms and had them for months. I feel like I'm walking in zig-zags at times. I tried the standing on one leg with my eyes shut test many times and given up cos I've nearly broken me leg doing it ! A mate of mine is ex athelete and fit as a butchers dog so by rights he should be good at that test (to do with cardio fitness etc) but he can't even get his socks on standing up and even I can manage that with a struggle :D