PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for a helping hand

Sammy1988
27-07-14, 06:27
Hello everyone (waves).

Thanks for taking the time to help me out :)

Basically I'm doing the age old checking that I do have panic/anxiety & nothing more serious!

My symptoms are:

* feeling unreal
*fear of going crazy/ mental hospital
* severe adrenaling feeling upon waking (pulse of 107) still laying in bed.
* always checking I'm still sane .... Who knows why lol
* sweaty hands /feet
* what if thoughts
* by the afternoon always feel much better.
* regular need to go to toilet.
* regular adrenal rushes
* hard to swallow/ breathe

There's are the symptoms I experience.... Looking at them now most of them seem due to fear? Is this common with panic or does it seem like something else xxx

ray52
27-07-14, 10:01
Hi Sammy

:welcome:
It sounds very much like an Anxiety panic attack.

You have come to the right place to share your anxieties as this is a friendly site with a lot of info

Sammy1988
27-07-14, 10:10
Thanks for the reply ray! Always nice to be reassured :-) :yesyes:!

ColourODarkness
27-07-14, 11:59
Most definitely anxiety~ :)

When my anxiety is at its worst I feel like I'm going insane (I also have a huge fear of going crazy and being sent to an asylum or wherever), in fact just this morning I've been having worries that I'm going nuts, 500 things floating around in my head but I can't focus on one so I don't know what those things are. It's scary, but distractions are a great help. Like writing on here!! It should pass (if not soon, then in under a week I assure you) and you'll be feeling right as rain in no time <33

Sammy1988
27-07-14, 12:36
Most definitely anxiety~ :)

When my anxiety is at its worst I feel like I'm going insane (I also have a huge fear of going crazy and being sent to an asylum or wherever), in fact just this morning I've been having worries that I'm going nuts, 500 things floating around in my head but I can't focus on one so I don't know what those things are. It's scary, but distractions are a great help. Like writing on here!! It should pass (if not soon, then in under a week I assure you) and you'll be feeling right as rain in no time <33

Thanks for replying! I know it's really common but us anxious people don't believe things were told lol... It was a fear I had about a month ago then went away & now it's back. I'm sure as soon as I stop googling and thinking about it, it will go away again lol x

Tanner40
27-07-14, 13:03
Welcome to NMP, Sammy. You've come to a place where many people will understand what you're going through, and thatbis always so helpful.

Every symptom that you posted can be attributed to anxiety. At my worst, I had all of these. Mornings were always the worst for me, and things tended to get better as the day wore on.

What kinds of things are you doing to help your anxiety and to eventually reduce your symptoms? I found meditation, writing, and CBT to be a lot of help for me. Things can and will get better. It takes some determination and hard work but you can get there.

Sammy1988
27-07-14, 15:34
I'm currently using rescue remedy, also reading Claire weekes, I went to see the doctor this week who has referred me for talk therapy :-) hopefully these things all help x