PDA

View Full Version : Was it panic or arrhythmia?

Junot
27-07-14, 10:17
Hi everyone,
Yesterday when I went to bed I felt what seemed to be a very subtle flutter in my chest. It went away in a matter of seconds and I took a tranquilizer. After that, I lay on the bed watching TV for about 2 hours. All OK. When I finally turned off the TV to sleep I started feeling an abdominal discomfort accompanied by bloated stomach and urgence to evacuate. I immediately started feeling anxious and my heartbeat accelerated. I took another tranquilizer but the whole episode only went away about 2 hours after its beginning. I bathed my face and chest in cold water and I felt some relieve. Squeezing a ball also helped me. Anyway, I felt like it could go out of control at any moment but I managed to keep it steady. Now, my doubt is: was this panic or an arrhythmia? Or even both? It's been one month now that I've been experiencing these and worse symptoms on a daily basis. I'm on no antidepressant, just on a beta-blocker and a benzodiazepine. Tomorrow I'll get my holter results and I'm feeling a bit frightened regarding the diagnostic. At the moment I already know that it accused one ventricular extra-systole and a few supra-ventricular ones (the technician told me by phone). But while I had the holter on my body during 24 hours I didn't experience, unfortunately, any sustained episode as the one of yesterday night, I only did experience very mild symptoms.
I'd like to hear your opinions. I'm starting to disbelief in this cardiac test because 24 hours aren't enough to capture all episodes or they might not even occur during that period (which is the most common). I just know that I can't stand this anymore, these symptoms, this uncertainty, the doctors who don't seem to come up with a definitive diagnostic...

Cags48
27-07-14, 18:29
I get it all the time mines due to Anemia but palpitations can be caused by anxiety also

Ruby13
27-07-14, 19:36
My anxiety causes palpitations too.

Junot
28-07-14, 12:25
Thanks to both of you for your input. I've gotten my holter results today. See if you can relate: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=157750