PDA

View Full Version : Hi

carpyaaron
27-07-14, 14:55
Hi everyone

Having started to suffer panic attacks again after not having one for nearly 6 years (not to this extent anyway), they are mega draining me out this time round and spent all day in hospital yesterday due to them getting quite severe (chest pains etc). Now Iv not long moved house and me and my partner are expecting our first baby and I run my own business which although stressful has never caused me to have a panic attack.

The panic attacks started up again last Tuesday (about 3 days after I felt baby kick for the first time) and when I go to do some work (pc or otherwise) I start to get panicky etc. I'm at my wit end now and don't now what to do.

Hope all this is on the right place of not please feel free to move it to the correct section.

Aaron

PhilShackleford
27-07-14, 16:12
Hi Aaron, I am also new to the forum.

Nice to meet you.

LadyA
27-07-14, 20:09
You sound like you're under a lot of stress. Have you tried any relaxation techniques? You say it doesn't seem stressful but what happened to me, I felt like it wasn't stressful, and my therapist said I was basically just bottling it all up. And I did that for so many years, my whole life basically, that my 'feelings tank' blew its lid and I had my first panic attack.

CBT and relaxation has helped me tremendously. I'm not cured but I am much better than I was before and it's only been about a month since I started doing CBT.