PDA

View Full Version : acid?

halfwayhome
19-12-06, 17:33
does acid reflux have anything to do with anxiety? or stress?
lately i feel so much acid in my chest!

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

xoxox

ceecee
19-12-06, 18:03
hi
yes i,m sure that this is stress!have you taken any ant acids e.g gavisgon?????
take care
rach x

LickeyEndBlues
19-12-06, 18:13
Short answer Halfwayhome.......YES

Gaviscon does help as do other antacids but like all of this it is important to look at diet and the underlying causes of the stress.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

shereedac
19-12-06, 18:18
Yes anxiety and stress does cause acid reflux. I had it for months solid and the doctor put it down to stress. It is a painful thing.x

sheree ritchie

nomorepanic
19-12-06, 20:57
Equally you need to look at....

spicy food
alcohol
smoking
caffeine
rich foods

All will contribute.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

kittykat
19-12-06, 21:12
Yes,
I suffer on a regular basis from this , am on omeprazole for it.
Sometimes adjusting your diet can help, things like alcohol, red wine, garlic, onion, mixed herbs, even chocolate along with tomato based products can make it worse. Hope tht helps a bit xx

pinkpenny1uk
19-12-06, 21:47
hiya,
yes i think so too. i started with acid reflux about a month after i started having panic attacks/anxiety.
i,m also on omeprozole and gaviscon and it has helped.

all the best
penny x

nomorepanic
19-12-06, 21:57
omeprozole is fantastic - I have it too!

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

maz55
20-12-06, 09:37
Hi

Try taking ginger tablets from H&B, they worked for me, now hardly have to take Lanzoprozole

peach
20-12-06, 09:50
hi,
im thinking i might have this as well....at first i thought it was just the anxiety lump in the throat, but lately i have had so much burping and acid taste in my mouth....i think it might be acid reflux...ive had a really stressful year this year....i think its given me a sore throat too..but im not getting the heartburn..which i read is also normal..does anyone else know a bit more about this? is there more info on acid reflux on this forum?...im learning so much about what stress can do to your body this year!!! never before have i had any of these symptoms...

worrywuss
20-12-06, 09:58
i too would be interested in learning more about acid reflux as ive recently been told i have this except i dont have the acid taste in my throat and mouth but i have had stomach problems.

lisa24
15-01-09, 00:30
Hi, I am on 2 lansoprazole tabs per day and have had an acid problem for about 2 years ans i am still waiting for an endoscopy. one of the main problems i have is stomach pains from the acid build up every morning when i wake up. its like a numb pain which goes once im up and move around. also i have an extreme tiredness all day and my eyes feel especially tired. i find it hard 2 keep certain foods down and it is a hard condition 2 live with. the tablets did work at 1st but gradually the syptoms have come back. and even though i am very tired i find it difficult 2 relax and slepp at night, and then find it difficult 2 get up in the morning. the medication has effected my bowel movement so i eat well and take 2 doses or fibresure daily which has really helpped. i have had every blood test going but all came back normal. my mind will be at rest when i know 4 sure what is causing this, when i eventually get an endoscopy on the NHS (if they ever will!!). but until then it is making me very worried and pesimistic. does anyone have similar symptoms, such as the morning pains and tiredness?? x

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif