PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop trying to remove things in my mind?

Carnivalatnight
28-07-14, 02:19
Hiya:] It's been happening for a while where I'd see something, and if it didn't feel right, I'd strip it away in my mind, like a shredder but with my hands. It gives me a uncomfortable feeling like it was stuffy and close up to me, in a way. It makes me feel suffocated and I keep doing this everyday.

Also, this happens a lot physically as well. If my hand even touches a bin, I feel like there's something crawling on me and I feel like I have to remove it. If it gets really bad, I sometimes have to rake my nails along my hand as if that's removes it, but it doesn't and it keeps there. I result to washing my hands but that normally doesn't work. It's 'there' until I forgot about it completely. Any help? Thanks:]

b0yer
02-08-14, 20:07
Thoughts =/= reality. That is the only thing that I can tell you. I have bad thoughts on a daily basis, but you have to choose what you want in reality. What you are describing seems like thought stopping. I am not a professional, but I think that is not what you are supposed to do.

I think you should try and just accept those thoughts and visions and let them pass. The more you fight the thoughts or let them cause anxiety or depression, the more they will come and the harder recovery will be. Just accept that this is OCD and not reality.

I hope this helps.