PDA

View Full Version : constantly checking out my frame of mind

gregcool
28-07-14, 09:01
is this normal.every day i wake,i spend the whole day and night talking to myself in my mind.how do i feel,i felt better yesterday etc.all day long asking myself questions about my state of mind.its draining.i dont have any of those days where you look back at the end of your day and think,,,gosh where did my day go.you know when you are just on auto pilot and get stuck into your day and before you know it the day has gone.without all these inner thoughts going on.i feel like im not alone in my day and that the other side of me is allways with me where ever i go..anyone eles get this

Annie0904
28-07-14, 20:48
I think it is quite a common thing for us to do Greg when we have had anxiety lurking around for so long. We are constantly checking to see if we are going to have a better or worse day and what symptoms we will have. I went through a time when my mind seemed to be arguing with itself negative v positive. My psychologist said this was good as I was looking for the positive and it would win in the end :)

Jamesn
28-07-14, 21:04
Yep - me too,

My thoughts always seem to have a negative slant too, so I'm going to try CBT. Maybe this could help you too?.

It's hard work fighting yourself. I need to break the habit!

Good luck,

Natalie

gregcool
29-07-14, 08:40
thanks girls.yep constant battle daily.just want to get to the end of my day without the mind games thst go on in my head.would be nice to have that feeling of normality again one day